43. Bedridden

●●●

●●●

Amelia had to be honest with herself. There were probably other more reasonable, plausible, and logical ways to sneak into the Gryffindor Tower. She did have a mental list of different possibilities after all. One that even involved using her profound friendship with the Hippogriff who would fly her near a window of the tower where she could sneak into. All of which didn't involve her technically breaking wizarding law.

But she was only a witch. A young witch with a desire to learn every subject of witchcraft. It wasn't like she would be the first to break the law. And she definitely won't be the last.

Of course, Sirius Black, James Potter, and Peter Pettigrew weren't the best examples. One is a fugitive, the other a dead man, and the last one a death eater. But regardless, they have never been caught or suspected to be Animagi. If anything, it was best to think of it like a little trick up her sleeve. A very illegal trick.

But she didn't care. If it meant that she could capture Pettigrew without being suspected or identified, it would be worth it.

That is of course if it all goes to plan. Amelia spent hours in the Astronomy section of the library after leaving her friends to do some research. She had so far tracked the next full moon, which was in two days, the only problem she kept coming across was the lack of an electrical storm happening anytime soon. Which hindered her plans since everything had to be timed correctly. Including the teaspoon of dew that hadn't touched sunlight or touched a human foot in exactly seven days. Accurate timing was crucial in a potion as complicated as this. Because if done incorrectly, Amelia would suffer from a misfortune mutation. And she didn't want to live as a half-animal for the rest of her life.

But if wizards in Uganda can transform into Animagi at the age of fourteen then so can she. At twelve. She will be thirteen in a month so it didn't make much of a difference.

As Amelia sat through another transfiguration class, this time learning how to turn mice into a snuffbox, she realized, Professor Mcgonagall could easily spot her lawless actions. The first step of the transformation involved keeping a Mandrake leaf in your mouth for weeks, preventing anyone from speaking. It would all appear suspicious to someone who had gone through the Animagus transformation. And after all her planning ( and her excitement to discover what animal she is destined to be) she can't let anyone, much less a teacher prevent her from succeeding.

The only problem was, she had no idea what to do.

Quidditch practice started up again in late January and Amelia was told by the captain that they were still mandatory for her to attend. Draco's arm had magically recovered before the winter holidays so now she was in charge of improving his seeking skills.

" Do you have good eyesight, Malfoy?" Asked Amelia. The two were a little bit away from the rest of the team as she was instructed to identify all the mistakes Draco would make, write them down, and correct them.