03 | friends, maybe

"how come i haven't seen that gorgeous man throughout this whole school year?!" changbin asks while scratching the top of his head.

"maybe he's a transfer?" chan spoke, but sounded unsure about his answer.

jisung, the boy whose been quiet until now finally spoke, "actually, he's in one of my classes. but, i'm pretty sure he has a boyfriend already."

minho turned and looked at the other, "he has a boyfriend?" he asks, and jisung nodded. he looked back at changbin, "welp, your chances of bagging him is extremely low now."

"hey, if i can't bag him the way i want to bag him, i'll bag him as my friend instead!" changbin said proudly with a smirk on his face, striking a heroic pose on the way.

"he's in my art class." jeongin said and felix looked at him.

"don't tell me he can draw. if he can draw, he has my heart." the freckled boy said, and jeongin nodded.

"he can draw, i've seen it myself."

felix nearly fainted, "oh my gosh..."

"what's his name?!" changbin excitedly asked, and jeongin giggled.

"his names hyunjin."

────────────────────────────

hyunjin sat himself down on the ground, hugging his backpack in his lap. he stared off into blank space for a while before noticing a shadow approaching him.

his fast reflexes made him move away and he saw the other boy.

"oh, i'm sorry. did i startle you? i really didn't mean to, i just—"

"you didn't startle me. i just have fast reflexes, that's all." hyunjin interrupted with a soft voice.

"ah, okay. anyways! i'm chan, nice to meet you!" the boy greeted and brought his hand out, wanting a handshake but hyunjin just stared at the other's hand, not knowing what to do.

chan awkwardly brought it back with a nervous chuckle.

"hyunjin." he replied, and chan looked at him with a fond smile.

"i believe we ran into each other in the bathrooms, right?"

hyunjin nodded quietly without speaking another word. he noticed how chan had this big smile on his face, as if he was happy he was talking to him.

"i wanted to ask if you want to be my friend? i can introduce you to the rest of my group if you want!" chan says, but hyunjin was unsure of this idea.

it's been a while since someone asked to be friends with him. he's always been near beomgyu anyways since he's the only one hyunjin could fully trust.

"uhm...i'm not sure.." hyunjin replied with an awkward facial expression, and chan nodded.

"it's okay, but we'd love to be your friend!" he said, and hyunjin thought about it for a bit before finally agreeing.

"okay fine...it doesn't hurt making a few more friends anyways."

chan smiled, "of course! follow me, i'll lead you to our hangout spot!"

────────────────────────────

hyunjin followed chan inside of an empty classroom where it revealed the rest of his friend group. they were all scattered around the room, some sitting on the desks and some sitting on the floor, leaning against the walls.

"guys, meet hyunjin!" chan said, and the others immediately stood up and greeted the boy.

"hey hyunjin! nice to meet you." felix smiled and hyunjin looked at him before showing a small smile back.

"so...this is your friend group..?" hyunjin asks to chan, who soon nodded.

"if you're uncomfortable, you're welcome to leave. we don't want to pressure you or anything." seungmin spoke out and the other tried to find where he was.

seungmin was behind jeongin and moved forward so hyuniin could see him, "sorry, im seungmin!

the boys began to introduce themselves one by one and hyunjin was keeping track on who was who.

"so felix, changbin, seungmin, jisung..." he mumbled to himself, and stopped his finger on jeongin who was confused.

"i know you." he spoke, and the youngest tilt his head.

"you're in my art class, i know you."

"ah, yes! you're a great artist by the way, i couldn't take my eyes off of your art." jeongin complimented, and the other smiled at him and thanked him.

"i love drawing, it's my favorite thing to do whenever i'm stressed or bored." hyunjin spoke, and the rest admired him.

"hey, teach me sometime? i've always wanted to learn how to draw, but i can only do stick figures.." jeongin chuckled, and the other giggled before nodding.

"of course."

changbin came forward, "so, wanna be our friend? we always wanted another one to be in our fun group!"

hyunjin made eye contact and suddenly thought about his best friend, beomgyu. what was he going to do?

"is it okay...if i think about it first? i mean, it's just being friends and stuff but i also have my childhood best friend and i'm afraid he—"

"it's totally fine! don't worry too much hyunjin. take your time, no pressure." changbin cut off the younger and he showed a relieved smile.

"thank you."