09 | oh, father

the group of friends were amazed at how big hyunjin's house was. they were expecting something of course, but not something like this. everything was so organized and clean, the living room was gigantic, the kitchen was so modernized, everything was perfect.

"okay, this house has to be at least 5x bigger than mines." seungmin said while admiring the whole area.

hyunjin giggled, "let's go up to my room, shall we?" he smiled and the rest of the boys nodded, following hyunjin up the stairs.

he led everyone to his room and once they all came in, he shut his door.

"woah..." chan looked around the entire area, and noticed hyunjin had his own bathroom! no one could believe their eyes at this very moment.

"guys, it's really nothing special." hyunjin spoke, but everyone disagreed with him.

"this? is nothing special? oh please, you're so lucky to have a room this big! and plus, your own bathroom?! a man could only dream." felix replied as he walked towards hyunjin's desk and noticed all of his sketches.

"oh guys look, this is the sketch i did when i was over here!" jeongin pointed at the paper that was hanged up on the wall.

"you did that jeongin?" chan asks, and the other nodded proudly.

"yup! all thanks to hyunjin, of course." jeongin said and made eye contact with the boy was on the bed.

"well, since you guys are all here for the first time, let's do something!" hyunjin said with a smile and signaled everyone to get on the bed for a discussion.

"what should we do? i'm kind of empty with ideas right now.." jisung told, and hyunjin thought for a bit.

"we could play a few games like truth or dare maybe?" minho suggested, and the group all agreed on that.

soon, they all started playing truth or dare.

────────────────────────────

"okay, truth or dare...hyunjin." seungmin picked, and hyunjin answered with a smile.

"dare."

"i dare you to...compliment me!"

changbin got up, "yah, that's not fair! couldn't you dare him to compliment all of us?!"

chan calmed down the other, "chill, changbin. we all know you're jealous, but please, calm down. you can get compliments another time."

hyunjin giggled, "changbin, i'll compliment you later, alright?"

the boy nodded with a cheeky smile on his face before sitting down.

hyunjin then turned to seungmin who was patiently waiting for a compliment.

"i'll give you the most common compliment, you're very handsome!" hyunjin said, and seungmin cheered for himself.

"woo! i just got called handsome by a guy who's much more better looking than me!"

hyunjin slightly blushed, "i'm really not that attractive compared to all of you guys."

"oh shut up! you're seriously so pretty hyunjin! trust me, if i was a girl, i would date you. not that i wouldn't date you as a boy! i mean, as a boy i so would date you as well!" felix blurted out without realizing what he had just said.

everyone was shocked, especially hyunjin who couldn't help but blush.

"o-okay..." hyunjin mumbled, and felix quickly apologized for his sudden outburst.

"it's fine, i just wasn't expecting that! i didn't think i was that good looking to you to the point you'd date me.." hyunjin said softly.

"realistically speaking, we'd all date you hyunjin. i mean, have you seen yourself?!" minho joined in, and the others looked at him in shock as well.

"are we all just confessing right now?" jeongin asked, and the boys shrugged. in all honesty, no one knew what was going on anymore.

"u-uhm, is anyone hungry? i'll go get some snacks.." hyunjin got up and left the room, leaving the rest in silence.

────────────────────────────

riki was also in the kitchen snacking on a bag of chips until he heard hyunjin coming down the stairs and he immediately ran up to him.

"hyunjin, dad isn't home yet, but he'll be here shortly! and you haven't told him that you had your friends over...what are you gonna do?" riki asked worriedly.

"it's not like he can do anything until after all my friends are gone, and that won't be until a very long time till now, don't worry about me riki. i'll be fine!"

just before riki could say anything else, the two suddenly heard a car pull up to the driveway.

the younger gave hyunjin a knowing look before he ran up the stairs.

the older started to do something random, acting like nothing has been happening when the front door flung open.

"oh, father! you're—"