Introduction

(A/N: The characters throughout this book are 18+.)

Since the Finals, I haven't been getting much sleep. I've been taught how to improve my cooking skills and techniques by Gin while working at his restaurant, but I've been learning on how the culinary world had many different views on food by Senzaemon, who took me under his wing.

For some time, I've learned many foreign countries food, from Thailand, Vietnam, China, India, even Malaysia! They all had different food types and some of them were curry, fried rice, noodle dishes, and other things.

My favorite Asian food was definitely all of them, because they have many different techniques in regards to how they cook. My favorite Asian dish was definitely Thai Green Curry.

And yes, I never watched a Jamie Oliver's versions of Red and Green Curry because from what I heard, he butchered them and so many Thai ancestors were crying and dying over and over again. I heard this from some people in Thailand and such and they told me not to watch them. I basically took their word for it, did myself a flavor (pun intended), and not watch them because I wanted to remember the curry as the very same one I've tried while visiting the country with Senzaemon.

Also, I've met someone who is from America named Mark Weins, who ran a street food stall in Bangkok, Thailand, and I was introduced to by Senzaemon. Before I go on about trying his food, I have to say that Mark was the nicest fucking guy I've ever met!

He always had a smile on his face, optimistic, down to earth, and just passionate about Thai food and its culture! We even had a conversation about different foods and when Mark mentioned that he always wanted to visit Japan, I promised him a ticket to a festival that we were going to have at the school called the Lunar Feast.

It's basically where students like myself set up street food stalls and try to make the most delicious food we can serve to our customers.

I don't have that much information, but I do know that I already have so many recipes for my stall.

Anyway, I tried his Thai Green Curry with some brown rice, and when I took a bite into it, I thought it was one of the most delicious curries I've ever had. I mean, it had some heat from the chilis they used to pound up the green curry paste, including shrimp paste that, yes it sounds disgusting before cooking but it's an essential ingredient in this dish, it worked so well.

I asked Mark for the recipe and he said he would, but his mother-in-law doesn't write any of it down. She just goes by feeling.

However, he was happy to share the recipe through his website eatingthaifood.com and he was happy to give it to me.

Eventually, we had to return to the school, but Mark and I stayed in touch and I did promise him a spot in my street food restaurant.

And, you know, since my performance in the Fall's Selection, Senzaemon had been so impressed with my work how I cooked ramen, the Saury Gyoza, and my take on Japanese food, he's been giving me the scoop of Japanese street food and how the owners operate and what they do to get ready for customers.

I've always been interested in street food and how it was done, although Erina thinks otherwise. I just think street food in all of Asia is underrated and I want to bring it into the light while showing off some of my recipes from New York.

I think if I can find some way to convince Erina that street food isn't bad, I just might get her as my future wife.

I love her so much and for her birthday recently, I made her a very special fried rice dish with shrimp and diced chicken thigh, while I pounded the shrimp heads for the seasoning.

And yes, the shrimp were unshelled and deveined. The shrimps' veins are just like Jamie Oliver, full of shit.

Thing is, I didn't need too much seasoning because I already have the MSG from those pounded shrimp heads, so a tiny bit of salt and ground white pepper would give it some flavor while the shrimp heads took the show.

When I gave her a plate of this fried rice, she was skeptical, but after taking a bite, Erina was in love with it, probably more than me.

But after trying out the food, Erina said that she was so impressed that she wanted to stay with me for a long time, which I definitely appreciated.

I mean, I just can't live without her. Erina is just too cute and adorable for me to handle.

Three years later, after all the hard work, I managed to get my motorcycle license three years later.

How did I get that money? It was simple, from working at Gin's restaurant.

I saved all of that money for a motorcycle and I was able to buy one for ¥195,000 or 1,500 US dollars, while I was walking back from the store one day. I had ¥250,000 and I only spent ¥13,400 on groceries for the dorm.

What did it look like? Well, sorta like this:

Also, I didn't want to ride it as soon as I bought it

Also, I didn't want to ride it as soon as I bought it. I had to wait as long as possible before I got my license and I turned 18.

Instead of letting the bike sit in a garage collecting dust, I worked on it, giving it a makeover and fixing some things to get it to work.

Thing is, the law in Japan said that in order to get a license of driving a bike, I had to be 18 years old and the price I had to pay for it was ¥22,000 while taking a training course.

And kinda surprisingly, I managed to pass it with no problems or anything that would hold me down and nothing being a pain in the ass.

Like, it was really a blessing to get my motorcycle license so I didn't have to worry about being driven all the fucking time to somewhere.

Seriously, those three years of waiting was absolutely worth it.

On my birthday, Erina not only arrived to a little party I was having with Polar Star, she bought me a helmet and some stuff for me to use to work on my bike. Feeling grateful for her love, I basically kissed her beautiful mouth and I left the party, with Erina on my bike, behind me, holding onto my waist, and we went for a ride into the outskirts of Tokyo.

It was a beautiful sight, but not as beautiful as my girl.

Although summer was over a month later, I had to get started with the Lunar Feast, where I even learned that if any student was in the red, not only would they shut down their stall, they're expelled.

I was sure it wasn't going to be a problem, considering that I'm a street food enthusiast and I'm a semi-professional chef with 7 years of cooking experience .

Eventually, the stall I set up was super easy to do, and the first night finished surprisingly well. I managed to make a few hundred thousand yen from the recipes I cooked up for the guests.

While the week of this feast was coming to an end, I thought it would be great to take a break and walk around alongside Soma and Megumi as we looked to see how Erina's fine dining restaurant was doing, but who we were about to meet was not only going to have our freedom of cooking taken away, I was ready to go rogue on his ass.