Opening Day

Soon after getting the equipment and the stand that I need to set up the restaurant, I had to be with my fellow students to get ready for the festival.

You see, before we could get into business, we had to be talked to by Senzaemon, who I hope comes by my restaurant and tries my food, especially Mark Weins, who I got a message from last night:

Mark: Hey, Y/N! I'll be stopping by the festival to check out some of the restaurants, including yours! I hope you got what you have on the menu because I'm bringing someone with me!

He's such an awesome guy and I hope we get to have some fun, but the problem is that I'm only one person and I don't have any friends to help me with my dishes.

When I told Erina about this, she felt really bad. To solve my problem, she asked a couple people to join me as I had to give them a crash course in how I want my items to be cooked and how they should be done.

Also, one of my signature dishes is Egg Fried Rice and I cooked the rice the day before because I wanted to be prepared. Not to mention that the starch fermentation will start to spoil, so to solve that problem, we just added some salt and mixed it well.

Salt is a mineral that is not just for flavor, but for preserving certain foods as well. For example, if you're carrying a certain meat, like a steak, without a cooler in hot weather, seasoning it with salt will keep the meat from going bad as it preserve the flavor of the meat as well, but we have to keep in mind that certain temperatures will try to spoil the flavor as well and bacteria will develop.

While the crash course was going on, I also showed the people that I have a habit of doing the vegetables first on the cutting board and then I start on meat like poultry, beef, pork, that way cross contamination won't be an issue because in the states, if you do the meat first and then the vegetables, the health inspector will shut you down immediately. So, for safety reasons, I prep the vegetables first and then I work on prepping the meat, to keep everyone from getting sick, which is the last thing I want.

Through the crowd, I saw the Ten walking past us.

Urara: それでは、戸月学園校歌で幕を開けます! (And now, we'll kick things off with Totsuki Academy's school song!)

School song? I never heard of that, well, everyday's a school day (pun intended).

Students: 日出ずる国の懐に
牙と共に集ま​​る意気込み
収穫の恵みを上に向けて
そして声を上げて ああ!
洗練 (洗練) 高級料理の聖地よ
戸月学園はこちら
(At the bosom of the Land of The Rising Sun
High spirits gather alongside fangs
Gaze upward at the bounty of the harvest
And lift up your voices, ahh!
Refine (refine), O sacred land of haute cuisine
Totsuki Academy is here)

I thought that song was beautiful. Like, I'd listen to that on the way to school everyday.

Then, Senzaemon came up and spoke into the microphone.

Senzaemon: 時が来た! 今ここで、月の饗宴の開始を正式に発表します! (The time has come! I formally announce, here and now, the commencement of the Lunar Feast!)

As it got started, we immediately got over to the tent, set up the equipment that I was able to get thanks to Senzaemon:

Two coolers