War

I just finished making breakfast for Erina and I as we sat down in the living room to watch some TV, just to get the abuse she went through with Azami out of her head.

I mean, all I did was the old fashioned bacon and eggs, Japanese version, which Erina was alright with, even though it wasn't up to her standards.

When she turned on the TV, we couldn't believe what we were seeing.

Fumio: ...そうじゃない?(...isn't it?)

Erina: テレビ演説? (A televised address?)

Reporter: 現場から生で伺います。新監督に薙切薊が就任! (I-I'm coming to you live from the scene. Azami Nakiri, the new director, has just arrived!)

Once I sat down on the couch, I saw Erina just shuddering at seeing her father on the screen. I went up to her and just hugged her in the side, just trying to comfort her from seeing that carny piece of shit.

Azami: 遠月の生徒たちよ、よろしくお願いします。薙切薊です。 (Students of Totsuki, you have my thanks. I am Azami Nakiri.)

Like we give a fuck.

Azami: 私が目指す完璧な世界、遠月学園が生まれ変わる世界と、それに関わることについてお話します。まず第一点は、料理に関連するすべての講演会やセミナー、勉強会や団体は、ここに自主的に運営する権利をすべて剥奪するということです。 (I am about to tell you of the perfect world for which I aim, one where Totsuki Academy is reborn, and what that will involve. The first point is this: all cooking related lectures and seminars, study groups and societies, these are hereby stripped of all rights to operate autonomously!)

You gotta be fucking kidding. All the study groups, like Ikumi's bowl soc, is permanently banned?

Azami: ダイヤルはゼロになり、すべてが終わります。 (The dial is at zero and everything ends now.)

I never wanted to kill a man so much in my life.

He's so half-assed about the culinary world that I feel like if anyone put this guy's brain in a bird, that shit would fly diagonally.

Azami: 次に、2点目、学内に新たな組織を設立することです。私と十人評議会を頂点に、私が個人的に選んだ生徒からなる精鋭部隊となり、新たな料理の探求を目的とします。そこは、あらゆる美味しいものの知識が交わされる神の世界となる。そして、それは中央高級料理研究所、または「セントラル」と呼ばれることになります。今後、あなたが作るものはすべてセントラルのメンバーによって決定されます。もう自分で料理を考案する必要はありません。申し訳ありませんが、同意しない生徒はご退場いただきます。考えてみてください。今までのシステムはかなり非論理的でした。 (And now, the second point: a new organization shall be established on campus. It will be an elite corps, comprising myself and the Council of Ten at the top, as well as any students I personally choose, with the goal of seeking out new cuisine. It shall be a world of gods, where knowledge of all things delicious is exchanged. And it will be called the Central Institution for Fine Cuisine, or "Central". Going forward, everything you make will be decided by the members of Central. You no longer have to devise your own dishes. My apologies, but any students who disagree will be asked to leave. Please think about it. The system up until now has been quite illogical.)

"Illogical"?

Nah, man, Azami's contradicting himself with this bullshit.

With Erina's permission, I turned off the TV and walked outside to get some air, but Eizan and his stooges had arrived, making me walk my ass back inside.