Him!

Since the first day, it's been chaos.

My team and I have sold a dozen of dishes from the Japanese Style and the Italian Style menus. The Sliced Pork Belly was very popular and the Piadina was sold like crazy.

The Pork Ramen was also sold like crazy, considering that it's a street food classic in Japan, but the Egg Fried Rice was also being sold in the masses. The ingredients we put in are very simple: egg, cold hard rice that's made on the harder side, julienned scallions, chicken thigh (or any kind of dark meat for the chicken), fried shallots, freshly minced garlic, salt, ground white pepper, and soy sauce.

The Carbonara, while most of the people were refusing to order it since many Italian restaurants were using cream in their Carbonara, which is a big no-no for the real thing and the Mozzarella in Carrozza has been a favorite for the kids and their parents. I recommended it while I was focusing on taking the orders and giving them to the team.

The Fettuccine Alfredo was also popular because of a technique that I'm using: I'm making the noodles from scratch on a different prep station with egg and flour with some semolina, I let it rest for 10 minutes to get the gluten that I want, I use my hand cranked pasta maker to flatten the dough to the highest setting, and then I make the pasta with the fettuccine setting while constantly adding flour to keep the dough from sticking.

Next, I boil a pot of water generously with salt, I put the noodles in, and then I cooked them to Al Dente for 3 minutes, since they're made from scratch.

Then, I use cubed up unsalted butter and I mixed it with the pasta while adding some pasta water and Parmigiano Reggiano.

Yes, I'm using a block of cheese. I've said this many times before and I'll say it again, do not buy fake pre-shredded bland cheese ever again!

After a while, it was all creamy and I set it all onto a plate.

When it was all set onto a plate, I added shredded Parmesan on top and the dish was finished.

No, I never used cream or milk in any of the pasta dishes because it'll make everything much harder.

Soon enough, on the last day of the Lunar Feast, my team and I were given a much needed break after all the cooking. The best part about it all is that we were in the top three almost every day: third place three times, and second for two days straight.

Vincenzo, Mark's friend, offered to mentor me in authentic Italian food since the Carbonara he's had, as well as the Fettuccine Alfredo and Piadina that were so delicious, I can't even tell you how honored it was to have that offer.

Unfortunately, I did appreciate what Vincenzo offered, but I turned it down because Japanese street food was starting to become my favorite food to cook. He didn't agree with my decision, but he respected it. Before Mark and him left, Vinny wanted to try the Egg Fried Rice, so I took his order and got started with cooking.

What I did was take some canola oil, swirl it around the wok, and when the wok was hot enough, I poured the oil out into a bowl.

I poured new oil as I put in my aromatics, diced shallots and freshly minced garlic.

Once the two aromatics were a golden brown, I added the chicken, that was partially cooked already, and stir fried it for 15 seconds.

Once that was done, I added the rice and poured the egg on top.

The reason I poured the egg after the rice is because I want there to be tiny bits of egg in each bite, so huge chunks won't be a problem.

I stir fried all the ingredients while breaking up the rice. I didn't want any lumps in the fried rice. I wanted each grain as an individual grain.