44. Hunger equals violence

●●●

●●●

Five days. For five days she was trapped in her bed on Madam Pomfrey's order. The medicine she gave her worked slowly. But she did start to feel better. According to Theo, she resembled more of her old self than a ghost.

The Mandrake leaf still rested in her mouth. She was utterly surprised when she hadn't accidentally swallowed it while she slept, or chewed on it absentmindedly. She would at times move it around, pushing it up to the roof of her mouth, out of boredom. There was nothing she could do but listen to the passing chatter from the corridor and read the notes Ernie gave her. She had missed a lot of her classes. Stressing her out slightly, all she needed was time to make up the work.

The infirmary was a lonely place. A few students came in, asking Madam Promfrey for a remedy for their minor cold. But they would leave after only five minutes of being there. Ernie and Justin kept up their daily visits. Each updated her on their days and delivered her notes of the classes she missed. It was the highlight of her day when they stopped by. The one thing that did bum her out was missing the quidditch match. She wanted to witness the match and see who Slythiein would be going up against in the final. And from the crestfallen face of Ernie Macmillan, who had to pay Cedric five galleons, she concluded that Gryffindor won the match.

" It was foolish of you to even bet against Gryffindor." She wrote it down on a piece of parchment and handed it to Justin. He quickly read her note before handing it to Ernie who continue to complain about his loss and how now he would need to owl his mother for spare change,

" —Well, Amelia, Ravenclaw beat us in our last match, they seemed incredibly strong this year," Ernie said between his rant.

" That's because Cedric Diggory got distracted by their new seeker." Justin teased, earning himself a punch in the shoulder from Ernie

" Diggory was just off his game that day. He might have caught the Flu too. Only it didn't hit him as hard as Amelia." Ernie reasoned. He didn't want to believe that his team lost one of the most important games of the season because his captain was sidetracked by a Ravenclaw girl. Much less the seeker of the team.

" I don't know, Ern. Cho Chang is really pretty," Amelia quickly scribbled down. Justin and she laughed at Ernie's face which was full of denial as he yet again came up with another excuse for his captain.

" Oh, Ern! We forgot to tell her what Harry did in the match!" Exclaimed Justin. He looked over at Amelia, eyes beaming in excitement.

" Harry cast the Patronus charm on the field, truly amazing, such a difficult thing to do but the thing was, the dementors that towered over him weren't dementors!" said Justin, laughing between his words, " He cast the charm at Malfoy, Crabbe, and Flint! Who dressed up as dementors to distract him."

Amelia groaned. She had only been gone for five days and the Slytherin captain already went off the rails alongside Draco. Which will only cause more animosity toward her team. She hoped the two would change, now that Slytherin was in the finals. But of course, they proved her wrong with their childish endeavors.