Chapter 3 (Stacking books and catching maidens)

School has started, to Victor's dismay. Students were filing into classrooms and Victor had a schedule clutched in his hand. He had computer class, first thing in the morning. He finally found his way into the library which also happens to be a computer class. There were rows of computers and people were already finding a seat to sit in. Victor found a desk at the far end of the last row that thankfully no one claimed. Just then, Cassie sat down in the desk next to him. 

"Hey..." She whispered to him. Victor just waved at her.

"If you finish early, can you help me stack some books?" She asked. Victor hesitated.

".....alright" He replied softly. Cassie smiled and winked at him, then walked away.

Victor shook his head and then looked up at the teacher up front. The teacher was squinting at everyone through his thick glasses. He had brown, feathery hair that stood up. He appeared to be tired with him constantly yawning and barely keeping his eyes open. He wore a cozy grey, knit sweater and a comfy pair of black sweatpants. 

"Hello everyone, I am Mr. Hoo.....please log in to your computers and type the password that is taped to the corner of your computer screen. We're going to be learning about editing...I guess" He said very groggily. 

Everyone followed his instructions. By the time they were done, Mr. Hoo fell asleep on a book shelf. A random student stood up and clapped their hands rather loudly, startling the teacher so much that he uttered a high pitched squeal. 

"Oh right....I should help you get a general idea of how to edit things" Mr. Hoo said.

A projector came down and Mr. Hoo immediately jumped into the lesson. The video they were editing was a random student flying in the air. The task was to add special effects to make it stand out. Victor created a ray of dark smoke trailing behind the person flying, creating a dark and destructive display. With a digital marker, he coloured the sky in red and made the winged person's eyes glow. Mr. Hoo came around checking everyone's editing sequence and approached Victor, last. 

"I'm done" Victor said and played the sequence for him.

Mr. Hoo's eyes widened at what he was seeing. 

"That is definitely....something that stands out" He said softly. "Alright, you are free to do what you want since you completed the task".

Victor nodded and got up from his desk to look at the books. He remembered that Cassie wanted help and looked around the library, he saw her walking towards him with a cart full of books. 

"Alright, Victor. See if you can get the highest shelves for me, please. You are quite tall, so that's why I dragged you here to help me." Cassie said as she held out a few books for him.

She told him about all the type of technique they used for organizing. Alphabetical and genre of books is what is used to organize, as well as an author having it's own little section. Victor nodded and placed a few books on the higher shelf.

"Let's split up." Victor muttered when he saw the horror section.

 Cassie sighed and watched him scan for possibly the most gory and disgusting books in a school of glitter. She tried her best to stack the rest of the books and stood on one of the shelves, which made a loud creaking sound. She winced at the noise and instead decided to fly, even if she might possibly get glitter on the ground. Her huge wings knocked over some books and soon felt the pain of them falling onto her wings. She squealed and closed her wings in reflex and felt herself fall...only to be caught when she was about one foot to getting a concussion. She saw a pair of large, pale, bony hands grip her waist and it caused her heart to not stop hammering. She slowly turned towards a pair of icy grey eyes staring down at her.