Chapter 5 (Red in the face)

Finally, last period of the day. It was PE class,  possibly Victor's least favourite type of class. Everyone was already going in and out of the changing rooms, Victor decided to go change into his gym uniform in the corner of the room. It was a tight fit, a magenta t-shirt and a pair of hot pink spandex shorts with white shoes and socks. Truly repulsive. Victor took one look in the mirror and felt a shiver go down his spine. 

He slowly walked out of the change room and saw boys in the same amount of discomfort as him, along with the girls who were wearing the same thing. The teacher had a full on periwinkle blue tracksuit with her red hair tied in a tight ponytail. She was a small and thin lady, so it was difficult to believe that she was the PE teacher.

"Alright everyone, quiet down! I am your teacher Mrs. Jack and I'd like to go easy on you the first day...LETS RUN TO THE POOL! GO GO GO!!!!" She shouted loudly. 

Everyone ran right behind Mrs. Jack who was pretty fast. Victor had a good form and took his time running. He saw Mochi right next to him. She looked up at Victor and winked as she sped past him. He felt as though he could not get away from his "acquaintances"."

"Everyone start doing jumping jacks!" Said Mrs. Jack

Everyone started doing it, the sound of students panting was present and lots of students broke out into a sweat. Victor was fine, he kept a good form. He saw Mochi next to him, red in the face and doing hard jumping jacks. 

"Keep going people!" Mrs. Jack yelled.

Everyone did, but Mochi was going way too fast. She fell over. Flat on the ground. Everyone stopped and crowded around her limp body on the ground. She was wheezing and red in the face, trying her best to adjust her lungs.

"Oh no....can someone please take her to the nurses office?" Mrs. Jack announced.

Just then, Victor felt someone tug on his sock. He looked down and saw Mochi look up at him with pleading eyes.

"I'll take her.."Victor sighed.

"Thank you Victor, do you want us to help you?" Mrs. Jack asked.

"I'm alright" Victor mumbled.

He slung Mochi over his shoulder. She let out a whisper shriek as he did that but eventually clung onto him and rested her eyes. The two of them reached the nurses office and opened the door to a surprised nurse.

"Victor, you're back again! And who is this?" The nurse asked, gesturing to Mochi.

"She passed out doing jumping jacks. She overworked herself, and I'm guessing she is dehydrated" Victor said.

"You can rest her on one of the beds. I'll go get some water for her" The nurse said as she closed the privacy curtains and left quickly.

Victor attempted to lower Mochi onto the bed, but she stayed clutching onto him.

"Mochi, please. You have to rest" Victor said.

"Please stay with me, Victor...." Mochi whispered into his ear in a weak voice.

Victor stood up quickly, flustered and his eyes wide open. Him standing up caused Mochi to slip off him and fall onto the bed. Mochi sighed in frustration when she felt herself fall onto the bed.

Victor was about to leave the room until he turned around one last time to see Mochi staring at him from her lying position with the most sad eyes. Victor sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. He wasn't planning on cuddling her or anything like that,  just keeping her company so she won't complain. 

Mochi hoisted herself up but then lost her balance and landed in Victor's lap. She gave up on moving and decided to sleep there. Victor, on the other hand, was not calm about this happening. He was red in the face and his whole body was tensed up. A few minutes passed and he finally relaxed his muscles and scooted his way to the front of the bed to rest his back into the pillows and get comfortable. Mochi was dragged with him. She shifted a bit in her sleep and they both relaxed, and even Victor started to doze off. 

It was leaning towards dinner time-by the time Victor finally woke up. He yawned, stretched, and checked the time. He still saw Mochi on his lap, fast asleep. 

"Hey...Mochi" Victor whispered as he nudged her shoulder. She was snoring lightly and her face wasn't red like a tomato anymore. Victor nudged her one last time before she sprung up from her sleeping position. 

"How long have we been asleep??" Mochi asked.

"Well...it's five fifty. Ten minutes until dinner is available" Victor stated.

"I want spaghetti!!!" Mochi exclaimed. 

She gave one last hug towards Victor before saying goodbye to the nurses, then ran out the door. The warmth of Mochi's hug still stayed with Victor, mentally. He can't believe he let a girl sleep on his lap. He said goodbye to the nurses and made his way to the cafeteria. Before he ordered anything, he decided to go to the library and type and email on the computer to Mrs.Jack to tell her that everything is fine. He waited until Mochi walked away with her food before ordering. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see her again.

Victor decided to get a salad for dinner. His mouth felt dry so he got a cold glass of water for a drink and extra Italian dressing for his salad. He wasn't paying attention to how much dressing he was pouring until it leaked over the bowl. He was just so distracted by everything, scared that these people he was meeting were going to affect his academic future. He sat near the stairwell and picked at his salad. Every now and then his brain would remind him of what Mochi's hug was like. He focused on eating. He ate so fast because of the amount of lettuce he got from his fork each time.

He was drinking water to finish it off, but then he saw Mallory make her way to the pool. He threw his tray out and watched her from afar as she got into the water. Her bikini fell off and slowly formed into a mermaid tail. He turned away and ran out as quickly as he could. Realizing he almost saw her without any clothes. He wanted to discover what she was doing, but ended up looking like a stalker. Thankfully, no one saw him. It was just him who witnessed everything. He ran all the way to the washroom and brushed his teeth. He ran back to his dorm and saw Rex, sitting on the couch and sketching. 

Rex waved enthusiastically at Victor. He had an ice pack pressed to his eye and bandages where the cuts used to be. Victor gave him a half hearted wave and went to his room to sleep. Rex knocked on the door.

"You okay?" Rex asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's been a long day and I'd like to sleep now" Victor answered firmly.

"Okay..."Rex said in a disappointing tone. He went back to the couch and continued sketching away.

Victor changed into pajama's and sat on the window ledge. The majority of this place seems to be fairly lit, even at night. He had a pretty good view of everything. He could watch whatever goes on at the specific view of the school that he had. He could only wish....except maybe it wasn't a wish. Maybe he liked the attention he was getting, all the new faces that make his day not boring. He shook those thoughts out of his head. He can't get distracted by these students. He can't push himself towards them.

He thought back at being in physical contact with Cassie and Mallory, his face turned red. He smacked his cheeks in frustration and leaped onto his bed. He threw the covers over him and devoted himself to going to sleep and to stop thinking so much. He tossed and turned for a while...then he finally dozed off.