Chapter 4

"Be sure about your decision. Being rueful about everything will never make your mistakes right." -Levy McGarden

_________________________________________________________

Levy tossed and turned in her bed, sleep not approaching her. She was feeling restless, but she didn't know why. She had a bad feeling about her best friend, Lucy, right now.

Right after she called Lucy, she was relieved. She was happy that she was still safe and not injured. A little later though, her happiness was replaced with concern and weariness. Because she's her best friend, she knew that she was scheming something evil right now. She doesn't know what she's planning, but she was sure she'd get into real trouble if she continues her plan.

She tried not to worry too much about it, and then finally, she fell into a deep slumber.

The next day, she was surprised to see Lucy on the living room.

"Lucy-chan? It's so early in the morning. Why have you visited? Do you need help with anything?" Just as she finished asking the last sentence, her throat went dry. She remembered her best friend’s plan. "W-Wait. Don't tell me—"

"Yes, I'm gonna need your help with this one, Levy. It's all about my need for taking revenge on Natsu."

Levy facepalmed. "Lu-chan, tell me why am I not surprised?"

Lucy laughed and winked at her, "'Cuz you know me long enough." Levy scowled at her best friend. She knew she was supposed to laugh at her joke, but she can't right now. They were talking about a serious matter here, so laughing is not an option for her.

"Lu-chan, I don't wanna help you with your plan. I mean, that could get you into trouble again! As your best friend, I care for you a lot. I don't want you to die so early. I'm sorry, but I won't help you." As soon as she let go of those words, Lucy's hopeful smile turned into a deep frown. She was expecting this to happen eventually, and so.. she made a plan.

With a snide smirk on her mind, she gave Levy the puppy eyes. Those puppy eyes that no one could ever resist. Levy gawked at her, taken aback. She covered her eyes with both of her hands, avoiding eye to eye contact with Lucy. Lucy gripped her hands tightly, removing them from Levy's face. She made the puppy eyes again. Sighing defeatedly, Levy waved her hands in front of Lucy.

"Okay, okay. I'll help you. But Lu-chan. Please, be sure about your decision. Being rueful about everything will never make your mistakes right." she reminded, but Lucy never seemed to care at all. She was jumping around in joy—from the fact that finally, her best friend decided to help her with the plan she was scheming since the night before.

Lucy squealed, asking her bookworm friend giddily, "Are you ready to listen to my plan?" Levy, even if it's against her will, nodded. She can't do anything about it—she was afraid to see Lucy's puppy eyes once again. "Okay. So, my plan is to break his heart. How? Well, obviously, I'm gonna ask him to be my boyfriend."

Levy had this shocked and bewildered look. She couldn't believe that her best friend would go that far just so she could vindicate her friend, Lisanna. "Lucy, that's just.. insane! And uhm, shouldn't it be the other way around? The boy must be the one asking, not the girl. And, anyways, I'm opposing your idea."

"What?!" Lucy snapped. "But why? It's a part of my plan. Besides, there isn't anything wrong about a girl asking a boy to be her boyfriend, right? I mean, there's no rule to follow when it comes to this stuff. I'm just gonna make him my boyfriend and make him feel pain like all the other girls in this school have after I break his heart. That's it."

Levy sighed, "'Kay fine. Do what you want. Why do you even need me here, anyways? Your plan is all set."

"Well, of course. You're a smarty pants—much more than me. I expect my plan to go as smoothly as planned when you're here. And, uhm, what else.. of course I have planned my revenge on him, but I'll still have to finalize it wih you."

She looked a bit puzzled, "Huh? But you're plan is okay. I cannot add more."

Lucy smiled softly (and evilly) at her, "You just have to trust me on this. So anyways.." and she explained the plan to her in detail.

After she briefly elucidated her plan, Levy added some things that surprisingly might work. Her plan had a 99.9% of chance to fail, Lucy knew that, but thanks to Levy, the plan should work perfectly.

The next day at school, Lucy was a nervous wreck for some reason. She was confident that her plan's going to work, sure, but she couldn't help but think that she was just embarassing myself. To her it was completely insane. She rejected him a few days ago, and now she was going to make him her boyfriend? Well that's just completely ridiculous.

"Hey.. you seem bothered. Be honest, are you nervous?" Lucy guessed there was no point in denying it any longer. Levy's been her best friend for a long time now, and knows everything about her. Lucy nodded, shame completely washing over her as she thought about her revenge for Natsu. It was very unexpected of her to court a boy, that's why.

"Good morning, guys!" she jumped in surprise as she heard Lisanna's cheerful voice not far ahead. Should I tell her about my plan? Or should I not? I think she has the right to know, or else she'd be my "enemy" over Natsu.

"Uh, morning, Lisanna!" Lucy greeted, smiling forcefully at her. "I'm gonna tell you something, do you mind?" Lucy added, uneasy of her presence.

"You seem uncomfortable about something today. Well then, let's chat at the caféteria while sipping some tea." She beamed, yanking her arms away from Levy. Having no choice, she let her be.

"So, what's the topic gonna be about?" The white haired girl peered at the blond beauty, still smiling as she took a sip of her coffee.

Lucy took a deep breath, readying herself for Lisanna's reaction. "I'm gonna make Natsu my boyfriend." She spat out her tea, completely struck with shock over what Lucy had announced. It was like, she was having a nightmare with her face showing horror.

"E-Excuse me? I beg your pardon?"

Lucy put on her best straight face as she slowly repeated what she had just revealed to Lisanna. "I'm gonna make Natsu my boyfriend."

"Ha-ha. Don't kid around, Lucy. I'm not that good in taking jokes, but what you had just told me is kind of freaking me out now. Please stop it." She said seriously.

She sighed exasperatedly, wanting to let it all out. She thought Lisanna was taking everything the wrong way. "Lisanna, I'm serious. But look, you don't have to call me your love rival or anything, because it's just a part of a plan for my revenge on Natsu...." she explained everything, hoping she wouldn't get mad at her for wanting to hurt Natsu.

"Lucy...." she trailed off, her face all calm and serene now, but her voice told Lucy otherwise. "I'm gonna support you on your plan!" It was now Lucy's turn to be astonished and feel a little bit of incredulity. So unexpected. "I know I must feel sorry for him, but he hurt me. And you're willing to do anything just to avenge me. How sweet of you! I'm touched by your concern for me, so thank you very much!" Lisanna embraced her tightly, almost making her choke.

"Uhh.. what?" Lucy asked in wonder.

She giggled, "I said I was going to support your plan! Don't worry, you could do anything you want with him. You can even bury him alive, if you'd like!" She laughed contagiously, almost making the blond shudder. She was really weird at times.

Lucy finally took in what she said and nodded with apprehension clear in her face.

"So, all you need now is my support, don't you agree?" She grinned confidently. Lucy was still dumbstruck and she suddenly couldn't speak and so she just nodded, again. "Well when do you wanna start?"

She found her lost voice, at last, "Uhm, at least today, if I would have the courage. If not, maybe tomorrow or any day of this week."

"Ah, I see. TODAY it is, then!" She emphasized the word today.

"T-Today?" Lucy stammered. She thought everything was happening so fast.

Lisanna smirked. "Yep!" and dragged her all the way to Natsu's favorite place at school. She had that knowledge when she was still Natsu's girlfriend. She felt sad though, because she was now called Natsu's ex-girlfriend. "We're here!" Lisanna exclaimed in spite of her little sadness deep within.

"The terrace?" Lucy looked around, until she spotted Natsu a few meters away from them, looking deep in thought.