Chapter 10

Sorry for not updating! I've been busy with my other stories.... so anyways, Chapter 10 is where the problem starts. What will Lucy do?! Oh, I also think that this chapter is exciting.

_____________________________________________

"Some jokes are half-meant."

Lucy tossed and turned in her bed as she remembered what Natsu had told her. She knew that Natsu might just be having fun, but she also considered how Natsu said it. The way he said it, it was like he's being honest and serious. It was hard to believe because no one ever considered Natsu as serious. If he became serious, everybody would have a reaction like this: "Is the world ending?"

The blond beauty took a glance at her clock and saw that it was 2 AM. Tomorrow is a weekend, so it's okay if she sleeps late. Nevertheless, she wanted to sleep, but she couldn't. With thousands of thoughts swirling in her head, it'll be impossible to even take a nap.

"Does that mean that Natsu li— no! Never! Never gonna happen! Not when I'm living!" The blond beauty shook her head, trying to convince herself that Natsu will never like her. There were many reasons that were occuring in her head as to why Natsu's behavior was like that.

She closed her eyes once again, trying to summon sleep. She prayed that she'd get sleep already. She was so exhausted, but she couldn’t sleep. The irony, she thought.

Just when she felt sleepiness in her eyes, her phone rang. The sleepiness in her eyes went away in an instant. Lucy, feeling cranky, wanted to throw her phone away in annoyance. “Who’s calling? Why so early?” she groaned, picking up her cellphone. “Hello?”

“Deary! It’s your granny here. Sorry, did I wake you up? I know it’s too early. Sorry, but we have different timeslots, so I’m very awake this time.” Lucy’s annoyance disappeared. It was replaced with happiness and sadness.

She felt happy because she missed her granny so much. It’s been ten years already. For ten years, Lucy never saw her granny. However, she felt sad because last month, she found out that her granny had Lung Cancer. It was a very disappointing news.

"Granny! It's been awhile! How are you?" she asked cheerfully, trying to hide the sadness in her voice. She didn't want her grandmother to worry about her.

Her grandmother laughed, "You never call me by my name. I guess you're missing me very much. I'm fine, deary. No need to worry."

Lucy nodded, although she knew her grandmother was not fine at all. "Of course I miss you very much, Vanessa.” she smiled at the mention of her grandmother’s name.

“Meh, I prefer for you to call me granny instead. It’s music to my ears.”

“Okay then!”

“So how’s school?”

Lucy frowned. “As always. School is the best!” She was frowning but her voice were cheery and high pitched.

“I see,” her grandmother replied. “Got a new boyfriend? Your mother told me you’ve got one.” Lucy’s eyes widened.

“What? Mother told you? And no, I don’t have a boyfriend, granny. You know me. I promised you I’ll never have a boyfriend.” Technically, I have one. It’s Natsu. But he’s only a fake boyfriend of mine.

Her grandmother chuckled, “Oh, really? Your mother told me you've got one. What was his name again? Na.. Na.. Na.. what was it?"

"Natsu? You mean Natsu Dragneel?"

"Yes! That's right! So he's the one? Your mother told me he's very handsome, kind and a gentleman too."

Lucy laughed. "No! I am not in a relationship with that guy, gra–" she stopped babbling when her granny coughed. It wasn't an ordinary cough. Worry was now evident in her face. "Granny? Are you okay?"