Chapter 6

Lucy had been in front of her laptop for five straight hours now to finish her term papers. She wasn't that smart that's for sure, but term papers are her forte so after those five hours she was done.

The light of her phone caught her attention and a familiar name flashed on her screen. Ex-Pink. There was a message from him.

Hey. Long time no message.” She read aloud. “Wait, why the heck am I reading it aloud?”

“Because you’re happy that he sent you a single text message that lighted up your whole world.” Levy interrupted. Lucy made a move to stand up and hug her best friend but she held out a hand. “Where’s the souvenir?”

“You never missed me at all.” Lucy mumbled, rolling her eyes as she rummaged through her orange backpack. “There you go. The blue hairband that has the famous lion you’ve been wanting to get for such a long time now.” Lucy threw the accessory right into her best friend’s face, but Levy didn’t mind.

“Oh, I knew you’d never forget.” She gushed and went to embracing the blond girl. “Idiot. Of course I missed you. How was Singapore?”

“Well... fun. There were many tourists like me but...”

“But Natsu, your pink haired ex, didn’t even cross your sight?”

“No. He did. We even had the time to chat and it was only for a little while but I think I should let him go—” Lucy trailed off as she felt a smack in her head. “Ow! If it’s a fight you’re looking for then say it right away!”

“Imbecile! What I’m trying to say is that there’s still a chance! He texted you just now, didn’t he? Would he do that if—”

“It’s because I offered him friendship like what you advised me to do so. We’re friends. Most likely he’ll message me. I don’t want to assume; it’ll just give me pain. Levy, you’re an understanding person so shut up.”

Looking at every angle of this situation, Levy knew her best friend was right. She couldn’t just make assumptions. In the first place no one knew Natsu’s feelings as of this moment. On the other hand though there was something inside of her saying that there’s still the possibility and all they needed to do was believe.

“You’ve matured.” The blue head said finally. “If that’s how you see the situation then fine, I won’t make the situation messier. Know that I’m always here by your side though.” Lucy smiled and hugged her best friend, a single thought in her mind: Everything will be okay.

♠♣

Natsu found himself at the café, messaging his friend slash enemy, Gray.

From: Mrs. Lockser

Ooo, so who’s the lucky girl? Mind sending me a picture?

The pink haired boy grinned in amusement as he scanned the gallery for any wonderful picture of him and his new toy. He clicked an image of him smiling at the camera, an arm slung around his almost nude girlfriend. He sent it to Gray—

—well, tried to, at least.

Accidentally, the picture was sent to Lucy. Natsu panicked, a stream of curses coming out of his mouth.

Lucy replied after three minutes.

From: Lucy

?

A single question mark was enough for Natsu’s heart to beat fast. The reason was because he was embarrassed.

And yes, a casanova gets shy.

To: Lucy

I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to send the picture to you!

From: Lucy

Lol it’s okay.

Gray’s message came next.

From: Mrs. Lockser

Hey, still there?

The playboy sighed as he slightly threw the phone to the table and sipped his cappuccino. His eyes went to the window wherein people were everywhere, either busy or just chilling around. Then someone caught his eyes. Lucy? He was so certain that his ex had already gone back to Japan. It had been two days since they last met and—

The girl I saw is a hallucination. I couldn’t have Schizophrenia.

The blond girl was purely an imagination of his. He thought that he was tired that’s why Lucy suddenly came onto his mind. Who says business is easy? Natsu’s motto is that dying is easier than business.

Calling: Mrs. Lockser

“Hello?”

“Why aren’t you replying?”

“You’re not my mother.” Natsu heard Gray groaning on the other side of the phone. “What the actual fudgenuggets. Calling me while f**king your soon to be wife is gross! The heck, dude!?”

“You have a very dirty mind. See, I’m moving towards Juvia’s house.”

“Moving!? And wait, how does that relate to you groaning?”

Gray facepalmed, almost frustrated. “Never mind, air head.”

“Who are you calling air head—”

Too late. The line went dead.

The pinkette heaved a sigh for the nth time, a sudden idea popping onto his head like a lightbulb.

To: Lucy

Hey. Long time no message.

Natsu waited for her reply, but nothing came.

♠♣

“He’ll go back soon enough.”

“When!? I’m asking you when, dammit.”

“No one knows. The decision is up to his parents.”

The mysterious girl screamed, exasperated that she couldn’t get any answer from Natsu’s maid. “Okay. I’ll come back from time to time and know when Natsu will return.”

The maid looked somewhat annoyed by the crazy woman’s suggestion. I swear boss’s fangirls are bringing the demon out of me.

“Do whatever you want.”

♠♣

“What!? Are you mad? I-I mean I’m not really against that idea of yours because supporting you is one of my priorities as of this moment and all but jet lag is something that people who travel a lot experience.”

“I know Levy but I’ve made up my mind. Therefore I’m going back to Singapore and confess to him. Whatever his response will be, my heart will be strong and it’ll take a lot of pain neutrally. Don’t worry, Lucy Heartfilia is a strong woman.”

Levy shook her head even if Lucy couldn’t see her. “Fine. Make sure you get a lot of sleep before going there, though. So when are you planning to take action?”

“Actually, right now. Ever since I came back I’ve been hesitant about my decision but now my mind has decided.”

“Right now!? Seriously?” Levy’s disbelief seemed to reach Lucy’s mind as she could imagine her best friend’s expression even if they were only chatting through the phone. “Oh gosh, don’t act so rashly. Think about the consequences of your actions first.”

“That was already checked in my memo pad a long time ago. You know me.”

“W-What if—”

“Nerdy, are you even supporting your bestie? It looks like the opposite to me.”

“No, that’s not what I meant. As your best friend you couldn’t erase the concern welling up inside me. You don’t handle things like this professionally.”

“I still am okay with it. I will be.”

Break His Heart [NaLu AU, Book 1 & 2] [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara