Chapter 1 (Book 2)

Book 2: Heal His Heart

~•~

Blue sky, gentle breeze... it was a lovely afternoon at Lucy’s school. The sun was high up at the sky, its bright rays hitting leaves and branches of the trees. Students were scattered around either chatting or studying. Others were eating and minding their own businesses. It was a typical day at Fairy Tail Academy.

There sitting under a tree was a blond girl whose name was Lucy. She was alone yet again, for her best friend was very busy with academics. Today, she had a lot of studying to do, but then Lucy didn’t feel the need to do studying because her mood was somehow crappy.

“And yes, I know. I love them! But I wish he was mine.” Lucy heard a random girl giggling, and her mood had become worse. She instantly knew what they were talking about. It’s been what? A year, perhaps? But the memory of everything that had happened exactly a year ago was still fresh in her mind. The anniversary... it’s today.

°•FLASHBACK•°

This is it. Finally, I’ll tell him.

“Natsu, I’m breaking up with... with you.” She choked up, staring up at him with sparkling eyes. The pinkette didn’t hear it as he was too caught up by the peck on his cheek just a moment ago. Lucy sighs at this and her breathing became irregular. “Natsu.” The boy finally snapped out of it. “I’m breaking up with you.”

Natsu stayed tranquil for awhile. A moment later, he burst out laughing, even snorting after some time. “Okay, funny joke.”

“No, I’m serious.” She ran a hand through her hair with a poker face, just to show him seriousness. Natsu, of course, didn’t believe her.

“Then why did you kiss my cheek?”

“For—”

“Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. You can’t fool me. I mean, I’ve done that to a lot of girls already. I’m an expert, unlike you. And today is April 5. April Fool’s Day is done. Quit it. Let’s just enjoy spring.”

As he tried to intertwine their fingers, Lucy snatched it frustratedly. “I don’t like you Natsu. I am serious.”

“Lucy—”

“No! You listen to me. I wasn’t serious about dating you. I, for once, wanted for you to learn a lesson: to not break girls’ hearts. Don’t you know how much that hurt? I dated you for Lisanna, for revenge. Now, here it is. Our relationship is over. My feelings for you were fake.”

Natsu watched her explain everything blankly. As cherry blossom petals fell on both of them, Lucy waited for his reply patiently. “So you did all of those for vengeance? For Lisanna?” He blurted out angrily, taking Lucy to her scared zone. She hasn’t seen him this angry before, and this was a first. “You’re successful. Thank you for making me fall and breaking my heart, Lucy Heartfilia.” Natsu said her name spitefully, almost making Lucy grimace.

He then walked away with Lucy watching his back until it disappeared in the horizon.

°•END OF FLASHBACK•°

That’s how practically their relationship ended.

Natsu was back to his old self: the player who liked to break girls’ hearts. He got worse since he dated ten girls in a day that he probably dated all of the girls already. Can you believe that? Everyone was shocked when he became back—back with his cocky attitude as a casanova.

Lucy’s parents were still oblivious to that fact and were still happy for Lucy and Natsu. Her mother was asking her about Natsu and her every single time she came home from school, and her answer will always be: “Fine, just like always.”