Chapter 7

He walked briskly, his charm affecting every person that stood in the corridor even from afar.

The boy was watched by many students—his actions, his face... things were getting creepier with each passing moments.

"I'm... I'm in dire need of oxygen." Mirajane fanned herself with her hand, blowing out a breath as if she was gonna die of heatstroke.

"Chill, sis. That's just Loki. And he was here in our junior years. Nothing changed." Lisanna mumbled, tapping her phone multiple times.

"Can't you see!?" Mirajane almost yelled. "That's Loki, and he changed a lot. Take a good look and see for yourself."

"Really, however I look at it it's still the same. You drooling over Loki out of the blue is something I've never expected in my whole life. You despised him because he broke your heart, right?"

"There's a time for moving on." The long, white haired girl replied, implying something with her tone but Lisanna never noticed it.

Yet again, the door bursts open and it revealed the National Playboy of the School.

"He's back from the dead!"

"OMG! Like... wow."

"Is it just me or did he get more handsome?"

Mirajane's sister gawked at Natsu Dragneel, the one who just came in the scene. "Slow down, li'l sis. Melting someone is not in your bucket list."

"Uh. I wasn't staring at him."

"Yeah, right. Fool yourself."

The pupils' attention was halved between the two prince charming that headed the same direction: to their classroom.

When they came in, Levy was beyond shocked. Suddenly everything was vague to her.

It was perhaps the perfect timing that Lucy's presence is nowhere, the reason for catching a fever. Levy prayed that her best friend would be in good condition—that includes Lucy being fine with this two idiotic playboys around starting tomorrow.

Meanwhile, one of the guys was looking for the beautiful blond. That particular guy was certainly confused when he saw Levy, Lucy's best friend, and not Lucy herself.

Lisanna joined in the little party in their classroom as she went in confidently and scanned the room for any signs of Natsu. He stood out eventually with his pink—or what he'd like to call as salmon—hair and girls that were rushing over to him.

"Hey babes." He glibly said. Lisanna felt irked as soon as she saw Natsu draping his arms on the girls' shoulders.

"So you came back after three months or more and never even changed. Singapore is known as a disciplined place. I wonder why a tourist like you isn't like that." She scoffed to annoy the pink haired boy.

She expected him to be irritated as of this moment but no. Instead, a victorious smirk was plastered on his face. "Stop acting as if you're my girlfriend, Lis. You know you aren't. You're just an ex of mine. There won't be a second chance." He mentally gave himself a hi-five with what he considers as the best retort he's ever let out that day.

"Really? That's what you think? That I'm still not over you? Ooo, very nice. Sorry, but that's wrong. In fact, I have someone better than you are." Lisanna's eyes wove through the class that watched the whole situation heating up. Her eyes landed on Bickslow. "Him." She clung onto his arms and Bickslow grinned.

"What's this?" He whispered.

"Just go along with it." Then she returned her attention to Natsu who stifled a laugh. "He's better than you. He may not be handsome," Bickslow seemed ticked off by the insult and for a moment he wanted to drop the act. "but Bickslow is definitely not a heartbreaker like Natsu Dragneel is. I'm glad that I love him."

The whole class cheered and bashed Natsu.

"Well guess what? I don't care."

The retort was enough to send everyone shouting burn. Even Levy couldn't help it.

"What's going on?" And Erza's voice was enough to send everyone back to their seats. Wendy and Juvia, who sat a safe distance from the commotion, sighed in relief as they exchanged looks with Levy. Levy made her way over to them.

"Hey." She whispered, sitting down on a chair.

"I thought you forgot all about us," Juvia simply rolled her eyes at her own statement. "Where's Lucy? It's not like her to be late."

"At home. Got a fever. I actually thought this was a weird timing." Levy glanced around the room and straightened up when Erza met her eyes. "I feel like I did something wrong."

The school president sighed when she saw three people standing. "Natsu Dragneel, Lisanna Strauss, Bickslow... what's your surname? Anyway, you guys go to my office. Strictly no standing, remember? How dare you three violate one of the rules."

"Someone created a ruckus. I was trying to finish it." Lisanna shrugged nonchalantly. "You should blame the pinkette over here."

Erza glared at Lisanna. "You telling me that is like saying you fought back with Mr. Dragneel. And that is strictly prohibited, Ms. Strauss."

"She didn't." Bickslow defended. "I'm actually the nearest witness."

"We're not in a crime scene." The red haired lady deadpanned, pushing up her glasses to the bridge of her nose. "But since Mr. Dragneel is most likely the root of this, then Mr. Bickslow and Ms. Strauss are safe. For now, that is. This is the first warning."

"Okay, thanks Madame."

"What, I don't have a say in this?" Natsu inquired, disbelief lacing his tone. "Not like what they were saying is a bluff. Partly. Lisanna came up to me and started insulting me with a word  associated with undisciplined."

Erza groaned, rubbing her face with her palm. "Since you insist, then the three of you come with me." Cue Lisanna's menacing glare towards Natsu who grinned in satisfaction.

The whole class went sniggering because of the whole scene unraveling before them. Wendy couldn't help but shrug and gush. "Lisanna deserves it. I hate her a lot."

"I think that's not something you, Wendy, would say." Juvia mused. "On the other note, we feel the same." She turned to Levy. "What about you?"

Levy pressed her lips into a thin line as the whole situation flashed in her mind. How Lisanna acted... it's uncanny. Lisanna, as everyone knew, was head over heels for the pink haired playboy who had feelings for Lucy. It's impossible (maybe) that for a short period of time she already moved on.

The looks she threw at Natsu were meaningful even though he himself couldn't see it. Observing the situation more closely, you'd notice that Lisanna is not yet over Natsu.

And that was something Levy had in mind.

"Levy?" Wendy prompted.

"I need you guys to help me out."