Kisses

"Can you believe it's already two pm?", I giggled and wheezed while speaking.

"I have to believe it. The clock says so.", Emir said softly while I rested my head on his shoulder.

"We just sat here throughout the night. Don't you have to go home and get your beauty rest?", I asked and held onto him tighter.

" I can go but an octopus is currently clinging onto me."

I laughed out loud.

Oops! I noticed just then. I had also put my feet up on his ridiculously expensive trousers and was currently on the verge of groping him.

The sugar coma I was currently in was making me loopy.

I looked up at his handsome, handsome face and those beautiful grey eyes, so heartless and cruel to all the others around him.

"What?", he asked stroking the hair gently from my face.

"Nothing.", I said still unable to move my eyes away.

What would I have done this year without him?

"It must be something if you are looking at me like that.", he said still whispering.

So close. He was so so close. It would be so easy to kiss him. If only my heart was brave enough to cross the distance again.

"Like what?", I asked leaning into his touch. My head rolled back involuntarily as his fingers touched the sensitive spot behind my ear.

"Like you see his ghost in my eyes. Like you want to kiss me but you can't bring yourself to. ", he said.

I went deathly still.

"Emir.....", I said shrinking away from him.

He smiled again. It wasn't beautiful. It was bitter.

" Never mind. Good night.", he said and tried to get away from me.

"STOP."

He did. There was something in my tone that snapped him to attention.

We had circled around and around and around this topic.

I freed the knot of hair from the base of my nape.

Then I took hold of his fingers and guided them to the base of my skull.

"Feel it?", I asked.

The ugly, raised scar was hidden from view but I could visualize the moment I received it with startling clarity.

"My husband gave me that scar as a reminder of what would happen if I disobeyed him. But, it also symbolizes the greatest gift of my life. He made me what I am today. He is the reason why I fight against the world to protect my family. He taught me never to bow down to men like him."

"For so long, Emir, I did not let anyone in. Then suddenly my world turned upside down. Ethan came in and swept me off my feet like a summer storm and then you. You! I hated you. Then that hate turned to want. I do. Want. You."

I unzipped the front of my hoodie. Slowly. His eyes followed the trail of the zipper as carefully as the artist's eyes would travel along the stroke of a brush.

His eyes darkened. We were still in the living area and even though it was secluded, dimly lit and it was early morning, anyone could come down and see us.

I was wearing a black bra inside. Strictly for support. Nothing fancy.

I took his hand and placed it on my chest.