Good News? Bad News.

Natsu's pov

A few more days passed after I heard the bad news. I never went away from y/n's side, neither did Happy. Porlyusca came in to take care of her wound and said "I have good news for you but bad news too.". I listened carefully to what she said next. "The good news is that the chances of you surviving are pretty big. The bad news is that you'll lose your arm."

Y/n's pov

Losing my arm... Before I could even say something Natsu already started yellingvat Porlyusca "She can't just lose her arm like that. What about her fairy tail mark!". My mark. I totally forgot about that thing. He was right, my mark had been on excactly the same place as my wound was now. My left upper arm in red. I doubt it still was there now though. "Natsu.", I said and he looked at me "I'd rather lose my arm then my life." "But y/n... " "Natsu, this can't be healed anymore. Even you should know that.". Finally realizing that Natsu started sobbing. I pulled him close in a hug until he had fallen asleep. "Porlyusca-san. When do you think I'll lose my arm?" "I plan to do the operation as quickly as possible. We don't want the virus to spread any further." "I understand." "I know you're having a hard time. You do a good job holding yourself strong for him."

A Few Days Later
After The Operation

I woke up in the guilds infirmary, where I had been replaced to for the operation. Porlyusca was mixing some ingredients at a table. She greeted me and asked how I was feeling "Good. I guess. But it feels like somethings missing.". She nodded and walked outside.

Natsu's pov

I was walking up and down the hallway when suddenly Porlyusca came out of y/n's room. I immediately ran at her and she said "She is awake now. But don't tell anyone yet. This is mental very hard for her.". I nodded and slowly opened the door before walking inside. I saw y/n sitting on her bed. Staring at where her arm once was. She looked up and into my eyes "Natsu...", she said with tears streaming down her cheeks. I couldn't stand seeing her like this so I hugged her. She hugged me back. It was weird to feel the touch of only one arm on my back. But...

We would make the best out of it.