~Chapter 2~ Life is like a fortune cookie full of suprises.

• Dedicated to John Flanagan

A/N: Here's Chapter 2, sorry that it took so long, went on a trip to Texas... Then had to do final before Spring Break. I do not own Cobi or Storm. They are owned by my friend A.J.

________________________________________________________________________

~ Chapter 2 ~

I stared at the ceiling wondering if I should get up now or later. I know that my brain was saying later, but Halt was clear about me getting up early. I quietly got up and dressed in my clothes. I was suprised to see a note that said, Here is your cloak, knives, quiver and bow. you are going to need them today, so put them on as well. I did as the note asked and went into the kitchen where Halt already had breakfast ready.

"Oh Halt, this looks delicious!" My mouth started to water at the smell. How come this didn't wake me up, I thought. Halt just stared at me and motioned me to get some.

"This is oatmeal, it isn't that special," his voice said in a whisper. I thought something could be wrong with him, but convinced myself that he was fine. After I got my food, I sat down at the table with him, and he wasn't really eating. I stared at him before my curiosity drove me insane.

"Halt? Are you ok? You look sick or something..." My voice trailed off as he stared at me, a hint of suprise in his eyes. At first he opened his mouth to reply, but the words seemed lost. He tried again a second time.

"Keira, I'm fine. I just was tired because of last night." My mind raced around. Last night, what happened last night..... I was going to ask him, when I heard his horse whinny quietly. Halt got up and went over to the door, opening it with a squeak. His face looked excited only for a moment.

"Halt, who's there? And shouldn't I be starting my chores or something?". I didn't get a reply, so I got up myself and went over to the door, and I saw my own face lighting up as well. Right in front of my eyes was Cobi an her mentor, Gilan.

"Cobi, Gilan. It's great to see you!" I grinned as Cobi and I hugged. Halt and Gilan went off to the cabin me leaving Cobi and I alone. "How's your training going Cobi? Have you started on your weapons training yet?" She started to laugh, then patted my back.

"Gilan won't let me start until I get good at doing his laundry." I laughed and showed her some of the things that I knew.

"Ok, so you pull back with three fingers and remember to breath deeply." She smiled and pushed me away to try it for herself. I grinned secretly as I realized that she left her wrist guard on the table. This was going to be interesting... but I couldn't sit here and watch her hurt herself. After all, she was my best friend. "Cobi, don't forget your wrist guard." The words poured out of my mouth like water.

"Thanks, oh, do you want to meet Storm? He's my horse." I knew who Storm was because that's all she ever talked about. I agreed and allowed her to drag me to where Storm was grazing.

"This is Storm." I patted his neck and fed him an apple. He whinnied and nuzzled me.

"Cobi, sorry to interrupt our fun, but I forgot that I have chores to get to. If you want you can help me with them..." I explained as I walked back towards the cabin to retrieve to water buckets.

"I think I'll stay and keep shooting. But thanks for the offer," she said while she snickered. I turned away and started on my long, boring list of chores. By the time I finished, Cobi was grooming Storm. When she saw me, she ran over, and the look on her face was not a good one.

"Keira, umm... I... you... Gilan needs to talk to you. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to...," and with that, she went back to Storm and continued to groom him. I went inside feeling a little uneasy about what she told me. When I opened the door, Halt and Gilan stopped their hushed conversation and stared at me.

__________________________________________________________________________.

I'm sorry if it's short, I promise I'll write more later! Please vote, comment, and please, fan! <3