~Chapter 31~ Special Chapter!! <3

• Dedicated to All of my fans who are amazing at what they do. Thanks for all of the support an

This is the special chapter, enjoy! Half of ten-thousand reads! Wow, you guys are so amazing. I never though that it would get this far... THANKS! ^(^-^)^

_____________________________________________________________________________

Cobi stared at me, tears in her eyes. "Something happened..." She began. Gilan looked worried.

"What?" He demanded, staring at her. She coughed again. She pointed to a bush.

"There is a body in there..."She explained, shedding more tears. Halt walked over to the bush and kicked it aside with his foot. The man's face lay petrified with death. Halt turned around grimly, dragging the body out of the bush.

"He looks to have just died," Halt stated, his gaze falling on the man's chest. I winced as he bent down to examine the chest wound. "Your right Cobi. Something did happen." Halt finished, staring at us. Tears were sliding down my face. I was scared for once in my life. I wiped the tears off of my face, looking at Gilan and Halt.

"Gilan...Halt," I said, staring at them.

"Yes?" They both said at once. I took a deep breath.

"I shot him. He was going to kill Cobi. I couldn't stop myself, it was instinct." Tears threatened again, but I pushed them back. "I'm sorry." I whispered, sitting down with my back to a tree. "He had a throwing knife aimed at her head, and she was looking at me. The only clear shot I had was his chest." I pulled my cowl down to cover my face. "I didn't want to kill him, but I had to... I hid the body because I was afraid to tell you" My voice was horse and cracked when I spoke. Gilan walked over and crouched next to me.

"Thank you for protecting her. You did the right thing telling us, but we have to share this news with Baron Arald." Regret filled his voice, I looked up at him.

"I understand. " I said nodding. I got up and wiped the tears away again. Whistling again, Fury trotted over to me. She nodded her head, trying to comfort me. I rubbed her forehead, leaning on her. Halt looked at me grimly, whistling for Abelard and mounting up. I mounted as well, and slowly followed Halt out of the clearing. We rode back to the cabin, where he told me to stay.

"I will go talk to Baron Arald. Stay here and eat something. I should be back soon." I nodded as he wheeled around and galloped off. I went inside and sat at the table, holding my head in my hands. I just thought about the look on Cobi's face when I shot that man. She was hurt by what I did, and it won't happen again. I made a mistake today, and I thought it was the right thing. I got up and went into the kitchen, putting cold water on the stove. Now that Halt is telling Baron Arald, what will happen? I rubbed my face with my hands, tears threatening again. The water in the pot screeched, and I poured it on the crushed coffee beans, mixing it around with a spoon. Taking a sip of the coffee, I instantly felt relieved. I went into my bedroom and removed my quiver and belt. I held my bronze oak leaf up from the chain around my neck and I stared at it. Am I really worthy of this? What did I do to earn this anyways, when all I do is harm? I sighed, taking it off and holding it in my hand again. I opened my bed room door and set the oak leaf necklace on the dinner table, returning to my room. I silently shut the door behind me, laying down and dozing off. After what seemed to be a few minutes, I heard a slight noise, and my training kicked in. I grabbed my knives and opened my door a crack, only seeing Halt. I let out a sigh, returning my knife to it's scabbard. I sat back on my bed and yawned, looking out the window like I had done a hundred times before. My door opened slowly. I looked up noticed Halt standing there.

"How did he take it?" I muttered quietly, standing up. My mentor just nodded.

"He took it well, or so I think. He didn't freak out or anything, he just said that it must have needed to be done." I sighed in relief, letting out a breath I had been holding. Halt sat down next to me, handing me my oak leaf.