~Chapter 15~ Forgiveness and Making Up....

Enjoy Chapter 15! Please comment, vote, read, and I do say fan. :D _____________________________________________________________________________

     When I opened my eyes, the light of the sun shone in my face. Sitting up, I remember last night. How could I possibly be forgiven by Halt... How does he even trust me? Standing up! I opened the draws of my dresser. Digging through the clothes, I picked out my best shirt and pants. The colors had barely began to fade, and they looked cleaner. I slowly put them on, and pulled on my boots after I finished. Grabbing my cloak, I swung it around my shoulders and fastened the pen to keep it from falling off. Next, I grabbed my belt. It contained: both of my knives, strikers, and various other Ranger tools. Last but not least came my bow and quiver. I put the quiver over my head and tightened the strap. I grabbed my bow and opened my bedroom door.

     Walking into the kitchen, I swiped a up of coffee off the counter and sat down at the table. Halt was in the kitchen making some pancakes for breakfast, which smelled good. Wow, Halt does know how to cook really well. He mentioned something about a several month training on how to cook. I hope he wasn't lying. I heard the sizzling of the pancake batter in the pan over the fire. Getting up, I went into the kitchen. Halt looked over at me, and I could tell that he wanted to tell me something. I set my cup down on the counter and grabbed the coffee pot off of the second flame, quickly putting it down, burning my finger in the process. I saw Halt stare at me. My cheeks became red and I turned away."Well good morning to you too. Burn yourself?" I nodded and put a cold water cloth on my finger."Do you want me to pour your coffee for you?" I nodded and moved out of the way.

     "That would be nice, thanks. I wasn't expecting it to be that hot." I smiled. He walked over and poured me a cup, letting it cool down before he handed it to me. I nodded my thanks and went to sit on the couch in the living room. Waiting several minutes, Halt finally came in with our breakfast. For once, he did the cooking. I chuckled to myself. Setting the plate in my lap, Halt sat down next to me. I put my coffee on the table, not wanting such a good drink to go to waste."Thanks for cooking breakfast." He nodded and kept on eating. I started to eat as well, when I heard a whine coming from the direction of the floor. Putting my plate of food on the table beside my coffee, I stood up and pointed Silean in the direction of the kitchen. He walked and I followed him, getting a plate down for his food. Silean had his own plate that he used, so he wouldn't have to use our good plates. Heaping bacon and one pancake on the plate, I set it on the floor and went back into the living room. I sat down again and picked back up my plate. It was just then that I noticed how quiet it was. "Halt, I wanted to tell you thanks, for everything. For accepting me as an apprentice, for helping me succeed, and for being there for me." He actually smiled like he meant it, but it only lasted a few seconds. Well, at least it's a start.

     "Keira, I am glad that I got you as an apprentice. I couldn't imagine my life without you. Let's just say that I definitely got the best apprentice out of the entire kingdom." I laughed and we both finished eating. I got up once more and took all of the plates and cups into the kitchen. I started to wash them when Halt interrupted me. "Let's just wash those later tonight. We need to start training again. Can't have you falling behind, can we?" I shook my head and grabbed my bow of the hooks by the door. I noticed that Halt had grabbed his as well. Going out to the meadow right next to the cabin, we started shooting practice. After that, came knife throwing, then some basic survival skills. "If you happen to get stuck in the middle of nowhere, and with no where to go for the night, you need to know what to do. Most people just assume that Ranger's know what to do without practice. But, as the Rangers say, 'Ordinary archers practice until they get it right, Ranger's practice until they never get it wrong. So, let's start with shelter and fire." I nodded and we set about wondering through the forest looking for a good spot to camp. "If you some how manage to lose all of your supplies and your horse, heaven forbid, you need a shelter to keep you dry until you can travel again." Halt went about gathering massive branches and tree limbs that still had leaves attached. After and hour of basic Survival 101, we started to head back to the cabin. It was mid-day, and there was no one around. As we were walking past the paddock, I stopped walking.