~Chapter 11~ Love Works In Weird Ways...

Enjoy Chapter 11. Please vote, comment, and fan. <3  

A/N: Words like this: -Sidney's- means that the character is thinking inside her head.  

_____________________________________________________________________________

When I got back to the tent, I had a mad grin on my face. Halt looked up from his cooking and gave me a weird look. "Are you ok? You look like you just got kicked in the back by a horse." I laughed and sat down, thinking of what to say.

"Halt, is the soup done?" My voice was filled with a sweet tone. I saw a concerned look cross Halt's face. His eyebrows went up, and he opened his mouth in an attempt to say something.

"You know, I hope you aren't sick or something. Because you can't afford that. I've put off getting your oak leaf for a long time, and it can't wait any longer." He served me some soup in my bowl and I started to eat slowly. I noticed that the eyebrows hadn't gone down yet. I coudn't resist commenting, I felt invincible.

"Like you haven't raised that eyebrow a thousand times before. I'm fine, and you shouldn't be worried." I realized that my voice had gotten a sassy tone, and I saw Halt's eyes glint with danger. I'd reached a new level, and I wasn't ready for it.

"Oh really. So here's something that I haven't said a thousand times before. Do you feel like sleeping outside tonight? I mean, it's probably going to rain in an hour or so." His eyes flashed with the flickering light of the fire. I looked at the ground in an attempt to rid myself of his stare, but it didn't work. It's like I could feel his eyes burning my skin.

"Actually Halt, I would like to sleep inside of the tent. Unless you want me sick for tomorrow, I wouldn't advise it." I started to draw in the dirt with a stick, trying to become un-noticed. I thought I heard a noise off in the distance to the right of the tent, but maybe I was becoming paranoid.

"Listen Keira. I know something is wrong with you. My regular apprentice wouldn't be this disrespectful. What in the great kingdom of Araluen has gotten into you?" He was shaking his head, his voice filled with anger that was turning into rage. I could see disappointment in his eyes. All of a sudden I started feeling like the worst person alive. Standing up, I walked into the tent, not wanting to utter another word. -How could I do this to him? All he's doing is trying to help me, and all I'm doing is hurting him.- sitting on my sleeping roll, I buried my head deep in the folds of my cloak. I probably laid that way for twenty or more minutes before I heard the tent flaps opening. Expecting Halt, I looked up, tears in my eyes.

Turns out, it was Silean, coming to comfort me. He laid down next to me and stared to lick the tears that were rolling down my face. Trying to remain calm so I grabbed my knives and started to sharpen them. -Halt will never forgive me for this. I've really pushed the line this time.- When I finished sharpening my knives, I moved to clean my other equipment. Getting bored quickly, I started singing a song. "Maybe life, is like a leaf. Falling and floating with no where to go. You never know where you might end up going on the morning breeze. But when you find that person, who will help you along, then you know. Falling is just another part of life. Eventually your going to hit the ground. If only it were ever that easy of a path to take." I got interrupted when I looked up to see my dear mentor.

"That was a nice song. Where did you learn it?" My face flushed with embarrassment as I slowly stood up. He looked calmer now, but his eyes still said something. I just couldn't place my finger on it.

"Look Halt. I'm really sorry about earlier. I was,.....well..... I kind of fell in love. I didn't mean to snap at you, but when your in love, you feel like you're the strongest person on the world. Actually, now that I've had time to think sleeping outside does sound quiet nice, even if it's raining." I bent down to pick up my sleeping roll and felt a hand touch my shoulder. I looked up and saw the kind eyes of that boy. The boy whom I was madly in love with, and he was here with me.

"Keira, meet Devin. Devin, this is my apprentice Keira. Devin is Crowley's first apprentice." Devin smiled at me and helped me pickup my things. When we walked outside, we found a nice spot under a tree. He looked up at the sky, pulling his cloak closer to his body.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to sleep out here with you. I actually want to get to know you. Maybe we could go shooting one time." I nodded,and looked away to hide he tears if joy that slide down my face. Today was wonderful. I laid down on my sleeping roll and felt someone lay down next to me. I smiled, my face hidden by the cowl of my cloak and fell asleep in the arms of Devin. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed! Please comment, fan, and vote. Thanks to everyone who reads this. If you read this comment R.A. Thanks!