Part 5

Iris's POV — SKIP FORWARD 1.5 WEEKS
———————

I may have lied.

But what mother doesn't know won't kill her.

I relapsed after about a week of being sober, not that it would've lasted much longer. It's currently 5:48 and I am sitting in my office, frantically placing dates and finishing times for the ball and dresses. We also have to wait on estúpido Mauve. I don't think words describe how much I hate Mauve.

She is so stupid. And her pequeñas zorras estúpidas of workers she has are so irritating. Talking to me like I'm stupid. Ha. What. A. Joke. And to change the dates so quickly? It's stupid, she can't even make her suits or designs that quickly.

Since she did change the schedule, the entire week has been filled with me yelling at everyone to find the right fabrics or the right color, or because they didn't do the hem right. I don't think I should have to babysit my workers this much. At this rate, it will take another 7 years to get me Mauve's title.

I hear a small knock at my door. "Ms. Alverez? Uhm, Ms. Adamos is here to talk to you.." a muffled voice says through the door.

"Qué coño? literalmente, qué coño?" I mutter. "Send her in."

I watch the doors for a moment, and they creep open. I see the little blonde come in, holding something in her hands. She pushes a blue strand of hair behind her ear and looks down before she walks up to me.

"Iris, I'm so sorry to come here again, I just felt like I needed to give you this back," She says shyly, handing me a black jacket and tie. Maldita sea.

I groan, "Thank you, Kaino. I apologize once again for showing up at your house that night. That was very...wrong of me." I look at her and notice she has something in her arm, I can see the cotton pad covering it.

She just notice me looking because she immediately covers her arm. She nods quietly as I take the clothes from her. "Goodbye."

"Bye." I set the clothes aside

She looks down at her feet as she walks out the door. I see Adam jump from behind the door. Obviously trying to listen in. She smiles at him and he nervously escorts her out. I roll my eyes. I can't even get away from alcohol, now I can't get away from her? Great. That's a wonderful duo.

I go online and look at our store front, seeing what is out of stock and what needs to be done. After about an out of sending emails to different departments and companies, I decide to help work on the designs.

I love working on the designs. It's the only thing keeping me sane. And sober. I would be doing it already but I can't think of a design. I was there last night and I believe I made some but I was drunk so who knows what the hell I was doing. I go up to the elevator and click the up button. I watch as the doors close and I feel the elevator go up.

The door opens and I start walking to the design department. I walk in and the room goes quiet and everyone looks at me. I walk down the stairs and chuckle. "Please, continue your conversations. I'm here to experiment."

I see people let out a deep breath and they hesitate to continue. I shake my head and walk to my personal station. There are 5 mannequins and papers all on the desk, with a bunch of fabrics surrounding the closet and floor.

I go to move some of the papers when I stumble upon an old dress design. I pick it up and examine it. With a few color changes, this would be perfect. Yes, this is it! I grin happily with my thoughts and go over to hang the paper up. Glancing at it, I go and pick up a variety of fabrics to use.