Chapter One

Remus Lupin. Werewolf. Sat down on his torn couch. He had no idea how many times he had to repare it. He never spent his transformations outside anymore. Not after the death of James and Lily. A midnight summer breeze wafted through the room of which he sat in, smelling slightly of pine and dew. He lived near a small forest. Though he never ventured far. As another breeze came through an open window, he smelt something different. Familiar but too locked down to remember. His eyes snapped open. Flashing molten amber before settling on deep green as he remembered the scent. Wet dog. It was seconds before the scratching started.

Someone was pawing at the door. Remus made his way to the front door and stood in front of it. He knew who it was.  But something at the back of his mind told him to tell Dumbledore. He pushed the thought away. As he stared at the wooden door, the only thing from stopping him from seeing the traitor. The pawing continued on, almost desperate. He sighed outwardly and looked up. His hand shaking as he reached out for the door knob. He shut his eyes as he wrenched the door open.

As he opened his eyes, he saw a big black shaggy dog. Ragged and matted with cuts and bruises covering his entire body. They were barely visible in the dark of the night. But what did stand out was his eyes. Beautiful silver. But they were different now. They were no longer contained the spark of pure joy and mischief as they once had. They now looked haunted. Haunted by the memories of his past. He stared into the void of silver, the ones that once shone with delight now looked dead. But they contained a spark. Hope.

Remus knew he should have shut the door. He knew he should floo Dumbledore. But he didn't, he let his wolf take control of him. Something he hadn't done in twelve years. The dirty dog who looked to be limping made it's way into the drawing room. Remus closed the door and followed it. He took out his wand just in case, and locked the drawing room door behind him. Things were about to change. He smiled. But nothing about that smile was friendly.

‐-------------------------------‐----------------‐-----------------------------------------------------
Sirius Black. Ex- Convict of Azkaban and currently on the run. He made it's way to Privet Drive. Currently hiding in the form of his Animagus. A Grimm. He hid in a bush. The dark of the night hiding him. He was planning on taking Harry.... his godson, in the middle of the night. Possibly kidnap him if neccessary. Taking him to Moony and keep him safe. It was a terrible plan. For a master strategist it was completely stupid. But he was desperate. Desperate to know how he was doing. Desperate to do the one thing he failed to do. The one thing he promised Lily and James. And he let them down.

Now, it was nearing 9:00 in the night. And he was shocked to see Harry. Harry who looked so much like James. But he had parts of Lily in him too. His skin was lighter compared to James. Though it easily could of been the streetlights. Harry had beautiful green eyes. So much like Lily's. He smiled. Or as much as could when he was currently hiding in a bush as a dog. But what was Harry doing in the night with his trunk and his wand. Trunk. He was leaving. He couldnt do anything else as he watched Harry..... his godson take his wand and call the Knight Bus. He knew that the boy saw him. He stepped out of the bush and watches as the Knight Bus whisked him away. He had no idea where he had gone.

Only one place left. He thought as he ran. Towards the city. Towards the outskirts of the town. To a simple cottage. Filled with overgrown plants, that looked quite well-kept. Vines curled around the fencing. A simple picturesque cottage. He knew better though. He walked up slowly to the wooden front door. The nameplate reading Wolves Cottage. He stared at it. Before scratching slightly at it. Careful not leave many marks.

It took a few minutes. Then the door opened, quite abruptly, and there stood a 33 year-old man. Sandy blonde hair. With slight touches of Auburn. One would notice only with close observation. His deep green eyes looked tired, he noted. No hints of amber flecks at all. Not like 12 years ago. The man moved aside to let the dog in. And the door closed without a sound. No evidence remained, of a man who let an ex-convict in the form of a dog in.

‐-------------------------------‐----------------‐-----------------------------------------------------

Severus Snape. Resident Potions Master of Hogwarts. He was now located at the Headmaster Albus Dumbledore's office where he proceeded to stare at him as if he clearly grown a second head. "Remus Lupin is coming to Hogwarts." He asked spluttering, clearly bewildered. His former friend when they were Hogwarts students themselves, come to Hogwarts. "Yes, Severus. Remus Lupin is coming to Hogwarts."

"I- What..?!" Severus squeaked incredulously.

"I know you two haven't been on the best terms lately, but dark times are nearing. I am desperate. And he will be teaching. He so loves children, does he not?"

"Yes, of course, Headmaster." Severus said and quickly left the office of which Albus resided in. Fawkes trilled musically in the corner and he made his way down from his perch and onto Albus' desk.

Dumbledore looked at the place where Severus once stood. He sighed. And stroked Fawkes' red and gold plume. "He only ever calls me Headmaster when he is upset. I quite hope they get along. It has been some time since they last met each other." Albus continued stroking Fawkes as he sat down and made himself comfortable on his chair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hello, this is my first ever work. This chapter was originally written a long time ago and I couldn't be bothered to change it. So my present day writing differs a lot from this. I am excited for your responses, also do not hesitate to help me update my tags because I do not know how they work. 'Til then, See you soon.

-Mimi