Chapter Six

Harry woke up refreshed and stretched like a cat. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. Damn I am acting more like a Disney princess each day. He got up and stretched again. He was surprisingly really flexible. Living in a cupboard for 10 years could do that to you. He opened the bottle of concealor and placed some on his forehead. It didn't take long for him to figure out how to use it. And with that he no longer had a scar. Dressed and ready an hour later he went downstairs to the main part of the Leaky  Cauldron to get some breakfast. "Hello Harry how are you?" Tom asked.

"Hello Tom, I'm fine."

"Good, good. Heading to Diagon Alley are we?"

"Yes." "Well, have fun." It was a simple conversation and Harry liked it. He was surprised that Tom didn't notice his missing scar.

He walked into Diagon Alley and looked around. He decided that a few owl treats for Hedwig will do good. Harry adored Hedwig. She was unusually smart for an owl. Another half an hour passed by and Harry decided to go to Fortescue's. He walked near the outdoor patio and saw Malfoy sitting down eating a vanilla sundae.

"Malfoy. Hi." Harry said hesitantly.

"Potter. I didnt actually think you were going to show up." Malfoy replied finishing the last bits of the sundae.

"No, I wasn't planning too. I was just bored."

"I am going to pretend I believe you." At least Malfoy is honest.

"Potter."

"Yea."

"What happened to your scar?" Malfoy looked perplexed. This was the only time Harry had seen him with another expression on his face other than disgust or indifference.

"I hid it."

"I can see that. I'm not blind unlike you. But how? I thought you can't hide curse scars through magical means." By now, the blonde and brunette were walking down Diagon Alley nearing Knockturn.

"Who said I did it through magical means?" Harry said cheekily. This time Malfoy smiled. Actually smiled.

"Impossible. Muggles aren't that smart enough."

"Muggles are actually pretty smart and scary. Sometimes." Harry said as he shuddered slightly. An image of Vernon flashing through his mind.

"Au contraire Malfoy. Muggles do a lot of things that  an benefit us. Plus, don't you guys have makeup in the Wizaeding World. It's just concealor." Draco looked at him curiously and then ahead. They were currently standing at the entrance to Knockturn Alley. Harry was now having second thoughts. He may as well try to ditch and run if Malfoy wasn't staring at him with a snobby smirk.

"Scared Potter?"

"You wish." Damn his Gryffindor pride. Malfoy grabbed his hand and dragged him into Knockturn Alley.

"Don't worry Potter. It's not like you will get ambushed."

"Yea right, unlike last time." He remembered hiding in a closet in Borgin and Burkes.

"You were here before?" Malfoy asked as they walked past small shops selling odd trinkets.

"By accident."

"Right, anyway Knockturn Alley isn't dark or anything. It just barely crosses the line of legal."

"I suppose."

"Plus, there are all sorts of things you can find here than in Diagon."

"Like what?"

"Like this." Malfoy said pulling Harry into a dusty bookshop.