Chapter Two

Severus made his way into the dungeons. The dark and dreary passages felt quite empty as no one resided in them. It gave off an uneasy aura, but a sense of safety. The passageways were maze like. And all who were not of Slytherin House were lost in the dark corridors of Salazar's dungeons. Severus quietly entered the chambers, of which he resided in. He decided he would stay for the night.

His rooms were painted in a handsome shade of blue and  contained dark wood tiling for the floors. Severus made his way and sat on his leather couch. "Incendio" he murmured as flames erupted from the fireplace. He relaxed back and sat there. Staring into the bright flames of the fire. A sense of warmth washed over him. Remus Lupin. He thought. Remus Lupin is coming to Hogwarts. And he had a sense of dread wash over him. Because he knew. He knew, he wasn't the only one coming. If his calculations were right, a dog would enter too. Though in spite of all the chills, he smiled. He was going to meet a friend, a friend he hasn't quite seen in a long time, a friend who he had barely kept in contact with at all. He took a bottle of firewhisky and drank it down.  Lost in his drunken thoughts till late in the night. "Aguamenti." He cast at the fireplace. As the flames were dowsed out by the cool eruption of water. He walked over to his bedroom and lay in his bed. He decided he would put it off till the morning.

‐-------------------------------‐----------------‐-----------------------------------------------------

The dog trotted into the drawing room and made himself quite comfortable on the couch. Remus who currently, had his wand drawn out was now pointing it at the unusually sized dog. "Contrarium." The reversal spell for Animagus transformations was chanted by Remus, and what was once a dog was now a human being.

The human being in question being one Sirius Black. He looked tired. Worn down. Covered in cuts and bruises, while some were new and others scabby. "Remus." Said a hoarse voice. "Sirius." Remus replied. His wand pointed directly in between the convict's eyes. Remus dark green eyes held indifference.

"Remus..." Sirius started but was swiftly cut off.

"Incarcerous." Remus said and green vines erupted from the ground holding the Azkaban escapee in his place. His wand was stilled. "Here me out...." Sirius' voice rang out but was merely a whisper. A whisper of who had seen too much.

"And what is there to hear of. You murdered Lily and James." He couldn't believe it. Sirius was here and he was confused. He wanted to believe that Sirius was innocent. But there was no proof, only the truth in his words.

Remus' eyes were glowing in fury. Small bits of amber revealing themselves, for having been shunted aside for so long.

"I have, but not in the way you would expect." Sirius said. His frail body was hanging quite limply when tied up. He was looking directly in the eyes of the werewolf. The look of sorrow and pain bled through. Remus lowered his wand slightly but not completely.

"What do you mean. You were their Secret Keeper. You knew where they were hiding. And you.. And you..." His voice cracked. He couldn't tell if he was lying. On one hand, Sirius always had a charm and could lie his way out of everything but the other, he didn't even want to think about it. The idea of him telling the truth was far to good to be true.

He so desperately wanted to believe him innocent. But he couldn't tell,  there was no truth or lie in his words.

His wand was now pointed at Black's chest, which was currently rising and falling in ragged pants. Remus' face straightened out and he spoke.

"Give me one good reason. Just one, on why I shouldn't call the Aurors." It may be best to leave it to the authorities . They would know what to do. But what if he was really innocent? The optimist and realist in him had been at war with each other for years on this situation. If he were innocent he would be shipped of to Azkaban once again.