Chapter 29

A/N: WE PASSED 10K!!! Sorry, I will freak out over this whether you like it or not :) Ok, here's the next part :)))

***********

Taylor turned to her mom once Gabi and Zach were out of earshot and out of sight. "So, mom, what did y'all talk about while I was gone?"

"Oh, nothing," Andrea said. Taylor raised her eyebrows. "What? It really was nothing! I just said that I remembered who Gabi was and that you remembered who she was. And I learned that the boy with her was not her boyfriend, just her best friend who's more like her brother. And I think she's still hanging on to that weekend you had a ridiculously long time ago."

"Mom!" Andrea looked confused.

"What?"

"You said I remembered her?" Andrea nodded. "You exposed me?"

"Well, it could've been worse, sweetie. I could've said, 'my daughter's had a massive crush on you for the last decade and a half.' But I didn't. So really, you should be thanking me."

"Gee, mom, thanks," Taylor said sarcastically.

"Did you even catch the second half of what I said?" Taylor shook her head.

"Sorry. What did you say?"

"I said I think she remembers that weekend and cherishes it just as much as you do."

Taylor stared in disbelief. How could Gabi remember it? It happened so long ago. And if she did, why didn't she say anything? What if she thought Taylor didn't remember her? Taylor shook her head. That couldn't be it. After all, who wouldn't remember Gabi? The weekend was amazing, and Taylor still traveled with the cat painting all these years later. It was sitting in her hotel room at the moment and went with her on every tour stop, just like it had since she got it.

Taylor's mind wandered over to the possibility that Gabi didn't remember the weekend, and her mom was wrong. Besides, various boys (and ideally girls, too) had probably crossed into and out of Gabi's life. There was no reason for her to remember Taylor. On top of that, Taylor had never seen the woman at any of her concerts until Eras. And she'd looked. A lot. More than she'd care to admit.

She was drawn back to Earth by her mom snapping her fingers in front of her face, saying, "Taylor! Taylor! Taylor!" a little bit like what Abigail did in the "Picture to Burn" music video. Taylor started in surprise.

"What? Oh! Woah! Okay. Let's get outta here," she said. Andrea smiled sadly.

"You okay, honey?"

"I- yeah. I just gotta- gotta text someone..." Taylor trailed off. She would finally do what she'd meant to do for years. She pulled out her phone, opened a new conversation, selected the contact marked "Gabi aka the girl who took me to Target" followed by three heart emojis, and began to draft a message.