Chapter 38

A/N: So I feel bad, so here's a second chapter (and no, this is definitely not me trying to bribe you so you don't get too annoyed)          :)

********

Gabi felt her phone buzz against her pant pocket. Someone was calling her. She saw Taylor's profile picture followed by "Taylor <3" She didn't know why, but she had a gut feeling that something was wrong and immediately picked up.

"Hello?" she asked. No one answered. All she heard was heavy breathing and someone sounding like they were trying to count to ten. "Hello?" she asked again, gently. If what she thought was going on was actually happening, then it was very important that she was calm.

"Gabi," she heard Taylor pant out. "Help. Can't breathe," the singer said between gasps.

"Okay. Okay," Gabi said. "You're having a panic attack, but it's okay. It'll be over soon, okay? Just remember that. It's going to end."

Taylor's breathing didn't regulate with that, but the singer did let out a weak, "Okay."

"Okay, that didn't do what I hoped it would. Time for Plan B, I guess," Gabi muttered to herself before saying to Taylor, "Okay. Tay, I need you to name 5 things you can see."

"Five?" Taylor asked.

"Uh-huh. Five things."

"O-okay," Taylor breathed out. "Um, my phone. Th-the chair. Ma-makeup. C-c-c-costumes. And-" She suddenly stopped, breathing heavily again. "No, no, no. Um, in, out, in, out," Taylor said, trying to breathe with the words she was saying. She continued. "And... t-ta-able."

"Great job!" Gabi said. "You're doing great. Now 4 things you can hear."

"Y-you. My heartbeat. Th-the instruments. And Beatrice and Gayle t-talking."

"Good job, love," Gabi said, the nickname slipping out. She hoped it didn't ruin all the progress Taylor was making. Her breathing was starting to become a bit more normal. "Now 3 things you can feel."

"My c-costume. The floor. My phone." Her breathing was almost normal now.

"Okay. Two things you can smell."

"Sweat. Perfume." Gabi smiled.

"'Kay. Last one: one thing you can taste."

"Um, chocolate?" Taylor asked. Gabi knew she made it up, but she probably couldn't think of anything. Taste was usually one of the hardest.

"Amazing!" Gabi said gently. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, a lot," Taylor said through the phone. "Thanks..."

"Of course," Gabi said.

"He used to help me through them," Taylor said, clearly referring to Joe. "But..."

"I know. But you can get through it. That's the most important part," Gabi paused. "Knowing you can get through it. That it ends."

"Thank you," Taylor said again. Gabi smiled from her end of the phone.

"Of course," she repeated. There was a pause. Taylor spoke again.

"Don't go. Please."

"I'll stay on as long as you need me to," Gabi promised.

"Are-are you still in Vegas?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Can-can you maybe... come to the stadium?" Taylor hesitated.

"Of course. I'm on my way."

"Th-thank you."

"Same place as always?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be there in a few minutes."