Chapter 33

A/N: It's the 11th where I am. AKA: my favorite day of the month (11 is my favorite number -- has been since I was tiny). So here's the next chapter in honor of my favorite number :)

***********

Taylor's eyes glossed over. The song was so sad. She couldn't help but wonder what could've happened to Gabi to make her write a song like that. It reminded her of "Soon You'll Get Better." It had that same... feeling.

"Wow," Taylor whispered. She didn't even know how to respond to what she'd just heard. Gabi set the guitar down, tears brimming in her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry. I thought I'd be able to get through it without... yeah. It happened a couple years ago, but..." she said. Taylor immediately cut her off, wrapping her arms tightly around the smaller girl, hugging her as hard as she could.

"No. Don't apologize. I can't even imagine how hard whatever happened to make you write that must have been. Don't apologize. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay," Taylor comforted, holding Gabi closer, running her fingers through the woman's hair, Gabi partly on Taylor's lap, her head on Taylor's chest as she cried. "It's okay," Taylor repeated. "It's going to be okay. I promise," she added as the two fell asleep.