Chapter 39

A/N: okay wait humans! you know what the coolest feature ever is?! it's the fracking "schedule publish" function!!! like i don't have to remember that i want to publish something anymore! i just have to click "schedule" and then it pushes it out for me!!! coolest thing EVER!!!!!!

sorry - i had to celebrate that for a bit. here's 39 :)

***********

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Taylor opened the door, falling into Gabi's arms, which were already open, waiting for a hug. Tears were still streaming down the blonde's face. Gabi didn't really know what to say. After all, she was normally the one in Taylor's situation. Very rarely (never, in fact) was it the other way around. She just held the crying woman in her arms as close as she could, running her fingers through Taylor's long hair, gently working through some of the tangles as best she could with only one hand.

"Love, do you want to sit down?" Gabi asked hesitantly. Taylor just nodded, and Gabi led her over to the couch, the blonde still clinging to Gabi as if she were her lifeline.

Ten minutes or so passed, Gabi just playing with Taylor's hair, trying not to upset her further. She waited for Taylor to make the first move, not wanting to make her talk before she was ready.

Finally, Taylor mumbled, "Thank you for coming."

"Of course," Gabi replied. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Just... a lot of people wouldn't. But- I really needed... this. You. So thank you," Taylor said so quietly, Gabi almost didn't catch some of her words. She didn't really know how to respond to this, so she didn't say anything, just holding the singer tighter.

"Do- do you want to... talk about what happened? That triggered... this?" Gabi saw the singer hesitate and quickly added, "You definitely don't have to if you don't want to. Just if it would help you feel better, you can."

"Er, I can't really. It was just... stuff," Taylor said.

"That's okay. When- if you're ready, you can always talk to me about this stuff. I don't know how much I can help, but... I can always listen."

"Thanks." There was a silence before Taylor spoke again, "I'm sorry for making you come out only to have to deal with me crying."

"Love, it's fine. Seriously. Don't worry about it. I-I don't mind at all. Actually, I'm glad you're letting me help you."

"Oh... I... wasn't expecting that." Gabi smiled.

"Well, get used to it," she joked, "'cause hopefully this time this will be a little more permanent." She was referring to their friendship.

Taylor laughed lightly. "Yeah. I'd like that a lot. I'd... really like that."

"Good. 'Cause I'm not planning on leaving."