TRACK 5: FIRE

Ava: Next thing I know we are back in the studio and Daisy was there too.

"Hi." says Daisy walking in the studio with a basket of fruit. "I made breakfast."

Graham: We didn't really know what to expect.

"Again with the legs, man." Warren whispers to Eddie "Dude, I know."  "I'm a leg guy, you know? And those legs? "Mm-hmm."  "I mean... They just got me a little distracted is all I'm saying." Daisy walks up to the two "Warren, right?" Warren looks up at her "Yeah." "You know it's not my job not to turn you on, right?" Warren's eyes widen "I-I do... now." Daisy smiles "Great." Ava and Karen chuckle.

Ava: Man, I love Daisy.

"All right, everybody. I just want to say a few things before we get started. First off, we have a new member of the band. So let's hear it for Daisy Jones." starts Billy as everyone cheers and whoops. Then Billy continues. "Thank you for being here and for doing this with us."  Daisy smiles again. "Thank you for having me."
"So, it's been what, four weeks?" Billy starts talking again but is interrupted by Daisy. "I wrote a song. Well, actually, I've written about 20 songs I'd like to play for you guys. Sorry. I wasn't trying to cut you off or anything. I was just... I'm excited about it, so..."  Everyone looks at her.  "What?"

Billy: The songs were all written and ready to go.

"Well, Daisy, the great news is, we, uh... we actually have, what, 13 songs for the album, so... Yeah, I mean, why don't we play you some, and then, uh, you can have a listen, see if you... feel strongly about any of them or, you know, want to add anything." says Billy.

Billy: I could not have been nicer.

"We could play the, uh... the new one for Daisy. Mm. Yeah. Yeah, I think you're gonna dig this one." Billy says standing up moving closer to the mic. "Let me guess, it's about your wife and the rain." Daisy says suddenly.

Eddie: I think it was called "She's the Storm."

Eddie's laughing a little. Billy turns to look at him "Seriously. That funny?" "No." Billy turns back to Daisy. "Sorry, did you want to say something?" "No, I'm just... I mean, I'm not here to sing harmony on a bunch of love songs about your wife. Right? You know, I mean, if we're gonna... if we're in a band, then the album has to be just as much mine as it is yours. As it is Ava's, Karen's and Graham's and Warren's and that guy's. You know?"

Eddie: She was saying things I'd been saying since '69.

"I mean, shouldn't we at least talk about a direction? Is there a concept, a big idea you have for the record, or...?" continues Daisy. "Actually, I-I agree." says Karen. Billy looks at her "What?" then Ava speaks up. "I-I think it's a good conversation." right after Eddie says "You know what I think?" Billy puts a hand over his face "Oh, God." Eddie ignores him and continue. "I think this should be a rock and roll record."  Billy sighs. "Thank you, Eddie. Thank you so much for your input." "No, I'm serious."Daisy chuckles. Billy looks at him annoyed. "Of course it's gonna be a rock and roll record, man." Eddie stares at him "What the fսck? I mean, is it, though? 'Cause, I mean, like, a lot of these songs are sounding like, like, well, well, pop songs, man." then mouths "like Sonny and Cher shit. You know, are we a pop band now, or...? All right? I mean, rock and roll should be passion, pain, anger. Mm. Sleeping with some girl you don't know, not making sweet love to your wife, for Chrissakes. No offense, Billy."
Daisy raises her arm. "Sort of what I was trying to say." Warren jumps in. "How about some African drums?" Daisy agrees. "Great idea." Karen also speaks up. "We could do a song just vocals and piano." Ava hops in too "Yeah, I-I'd like to write some of my own bass parts for once." Daisy put an hand on Ava's arm. "Great!" Billy scoffs "I knew this was a fսck¡ng terrible idea." Daisy looks at him confuses. "What's the bad idea? Wait, I mean, you invited me here." Billy turns to her "Yeah, well, maybe that was a mistake, Daisy."
Teddy suddenly walks in. "All right? Are you done? Are you? Jesus Christ. You're acting like a bunch of kindergarteners. Just maybe the two of you can go someplace and work on something together, how about that? Either way, the door is right there, so go on and get the fսck out of here, 'cause I got shit to do. Go, goddamn it! Come on." Billy sighs and opens the door walking out with Daisy. Warren looks at Teddy and asks "Hey, yeah, so what about us?" Teddy looks at him and says "I could care less."