Chapter 18

Sully ran as fast as he could as he stood by the yellow tape that 'prevents' them from going into the lab room.

"James!" Don yelled as they walked to him, already being in the area.

"No one goes near that door until the authorities arrive!" Hardscrabble told the staff of the building in a harsh tone as they nodded and spoke into the walkie talkie.

"You don't that could be-" Don was cut off by Sully.

"It's Mike." The blue fluffy monster was worried for his friend. They seemed to be very worried. The doot must've been dangerous.

"But he could die out there!" Squishy was upset for his friend. After all, it was Mike who got them all to where they were. They didn't forgive Sully, but they didn't hold any grudges against him for cheating. Sully then easily broke the yellow tape but the team grabbed his arm. "James, wait! We can help." Squishy offered.

"Leave it to the old master of sales." Don showed Sully his sales cards to distract the people inside the lab to give Sully access to the door. (Y/N) gasped and got low onto all four and knew where to hide and how to sneak in. "Ahem. Don Carlton, sales. Folks, today is your lucky day. How many times have you asked yourself the following question-" He was then cut off by Hardscrabble who was not at all amused by this.

"Arrest him."

"Pardon?"

The security pinned Don to the wall.

"Spread them, pops!"

"Do you mind?"

"Don't move!" Sully took this chance to run to the door and (Y/N) hidden behind some scream cans.

"What!? Sullivan! Don't you dare!" She gasped, knowing what on the other side of the door could be like. "Sullivan! Don't go in there!" He looked at her with fear and quickly entered the room, closing it behind him. He needed to find Mike and bring him back. After a minute or so, Hardscrabble turned the door off.

"They're still in there!" Don yelled, just outside the door now. They didn't arrest him because of what just happened.

"Until the authorities arrive, this door stays off!" Hardscrabble told them. She was worried, but wanted to keep the protection of the University.

"No! You can't do that!" Squishy tried to run to the door but the Security easily stopped him. "No!"

"Enough!" Hardscrabble yelled loudly, showing her wings, making everyone shut up. "I want this room cleared now!" They slowly dragged Squishy out as the door and walls were sealed shut with steel.

She soon calmed down and heard a noise before looking to see (Y/N) laying behind some canisters. She gasped.

"(Y/N)!? What're you doing here?" She asked, trying her best to stay calm now.

"I wanted to help you get them safe, but I didn't know how dangerous the door was until I saw all the security." (Y/N) stood up on her two back legs and Hardscrabble nodded and sighed, looking at the sealed door. "I know I cannot leave, but trust me... They'll get out, and knowing Mike, he probably has a plan in action right now."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Me and Mike have been friends since we started University. Sure, he had our fights, but he read every book. He is the smartest monster I know. Maybe, not scary, but he has Sullivan with him and he can plan their escape back." (Y/N) explained as Hardscrabble took note to this. Even she knew how intelligent Mike was, and how scary Sullivan can be if he preforms correctly. He obviously doesn't phase her though.