Chapter 3: What's Going On!

=========================

It's been a couple of weeks since Elizabeth, Logan and Jason went to the park, since then, Logan's been leaving Jason with Elizabeth more and more, which of course she doesn't mind but she is curious to why now, why did he ask her to sign that document back then, why is he leaving Jason with her so often, why does he have needle points in his arm, all questions she wants to know the answers too but she knows Logan won't tell her, not right away anyway.

Elizabeth: You got your stuff?

Elizabeth is going to be taking Jason back to Logan's place, he said he has an early meeting this morning so he can't come to get him, Elizabeth thought though he'd want Jason back as soon as possible so since she has a little extra time, she'd get him ready now.

Jason: Yeah!

He cheered making Elizabeth smile, she then held her right hand out to him and he took it, Elizabeth put her bag over her left shoulder, picking up her car keys as she went, Jason walked out the house with Elizabeth then climbed into the back of her car, it's nothing special like Logan's, no limited edition or anything, just a simple BMW X6, nothing too flashy.

Elizabeth: Where's Elle?

Jason forgot his little bear, so Elizabeth had to go back and get it, she didn't mind, Elle was just sat there on his bed, he clearly forgot to pick her up with his little backpack, Elizabeth got her then gave her to Jason, before taking them both to Logan's place, he didn't live far from Elizabeth, she lives in Sherman Oaks, born and raised, Logan though moved to Malibu when they split, it's only about a 20, possibly 30 minute drive from Sherman Oaks, it was a nice drive, Jason is a great travel buddy.

Jason: Do you still love daddy?

They were sitting in traffic when he asked that, Elizabeth managed to get a coffee earlier as well, so when he asked, she pretty much chocked on her drink, she didn't expect him to ask that, who does expect their 6 year old son to ask.

Elizabeth: Um, well... It's uh... Why do you ask?

Elizabeth looked back over her shoulder to him, he's just sat there in the middle backseat, Elle in his lap and backpack beside him, he's toying with the bear like something was on the boy's mind, at least like Logan, he's not afraid to ask them.

Jason: Well, all the kids at daycare, their mommies and daddies live together. They said it's because they love each other. You and daddy don't live together.

Elizabeth wasn't sure how to answer that, she's not had the experience that Logan has in being a parent, he'd know how to deal with this question, instead though, he's not here, Elizabeth is alone and sitting in traffic, this might be her chance though, to prove to all that she wants to be here, she wants to be a mother to this boy, better late then never.

Elizabeth: I uh... Yeah, I do still love you're father but it's difficult. I did a bad thing when you were a baby, I'm not sure he will forgive me for that.

She looked to Jason through the rear view mirror, Jason didn't seem to be listening, he just seemed to be toying with Elle, almost distracting himself from a potentially awkward conversation, but how's he to know this is awkward or not.

Jason: Maybe you should say sorry. Daddy tells me to say sorry when I've been bad and he say's it's okay. He might think what you did was okay if you say sorry.

Elizabeth thought he was cute, it's not the same though, saying your sorry for drawing on the walls or braking a glass isn't the same as what she did, Elizabeth abandoned them, if Jason was older, she's pretty sure that he won't forgive her either.