𝟬𝟮𝟲. . . we both know i don't

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX !

[ real life, imessage ]

- ❝ WE BOTH KNOW I DON'T ❞ 💌

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

astoria yawns, stretching as she looks at the few rays of sunlight shining through nick's window

astoria yawns, stretching as she looks at the few rays of sunlight shining through nick's window. she rubs her eyes and sits up, adjusting her hoodie. she doesn't even know whose it is, but her first guess would be matt, though she's got no idea if she's being honest. her phone is tangled in the blankets and she finds it after a couple seconds of rummaging around, and checks the time. she's pleasantly surprised to see that it's still pretty early in the morning, so at least she hasn't wasted the entire day. from what she can see out of the window, the sun is shining, but there's a thick layer of snow covering everything.

she gets up, careful not to wake up nick, and walks out of his room and into the kitchen. her eyes widen as she sees chris there, sitting on a barstool and eating a cereal. he's never usually awake at this time. he must hear her, because he looks up from his breakfast and at her.

"morning," he says, and astoria swears she can see the hint of a smile on his face.

"morning," she replies, and it goes silent between them. she shifts on her feet, wondering if she should bring up last night or just leave it and get some juice instead. opting for the second option, she breezes past him and opens the fridge, smiling when she sees the orange juice. as she pours herself a glass, her mind whirrs, thinking of last night.

chris sturniolo almost kissed her. again.

she sips her juice, blocking out the thoughts of last night. her mind flashes back to them on the street, in the snow, next to each other, and the whole thing is honestly kind of weirding her out.

since she was thirteen, the only thing she's felt for chris is hatred. it was strange seeing him in a different light after so long. she's still seeing him in this new light now, as he sits there, sunlight coating his hair and face.