𝟬𝟰𝟭. . . can i ask you a question?

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE !

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE !

[ real life, social media ]

- ❝ CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION? ❞ 💌

btw, the start of this chap takes place at the same time as the last! so while everything with rory, harper, maeve, etc was happening, the events of this chap were happening at the same time. i hope this isn't too confusing!

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ !

chris hates it here

chris hates it here. he hates harper, he hates parties, and he especially hates this one.

he's been trying to find rory for the past ten minutes, but right as he swore he spotted her, harper walked past and he ducked into the next room out of desperation to avoid her. he's honestly a little scared of what his ex-girlfriend might say if he runs into her, and he's not in the mood to find out what it might be.

unfortunately for him, while entering this room has allowed him to escape one monster, it's also caused him to run into another. he's now stood in front of casper hedderick, who looks about as happy to see him as you'd expect.

"chris."

"casper."

the two boys look at one another, both frowning and especially pissed. chris can't think of anything worse than having to speak to casper right now, but he can already tell he's been dragged into what's going to be the most insufferable and also pointless conversation possibly ever.

casper takes a sip of his beer, not taking his eyes off of chris, who is literally just standing there. he's not even sure what he's still doing in this room, where the atmosphere is far too loud and obnoxious for him to bear. typical that casper and his friends would be in here, yelling and cussing at each other, as well as spilling countless drinks over harper's furniture. he almost feels bad, but he doesn't, since it's harper's house.