micheal

"what are ya reading?" kaiser props himself on the couch beside you. arm around your shoulder as he kisses your cheek before gazing the book in your hold. he recognizes it. a gift from your friend: a whole volumes of these books and you couldn't shove your face out of those.

"manga? so it's like a comic?"

"yeah you can say that," you go further explaining the scheme of the story. note that you wouldn't have given a description if he didn't ask for it. and yet he had the audacity to say: "this is shit, no offense babe."

he received a cold shoulder from you after. he had that coming tho. calling it shit and saying no offense?

kaiser can be quick to judge sometimes. as he jolts a bit in surprise when you catch him reading the same manga. you peep over from behind the couch with your arms crossed and an amused hum. "babe, this is shit. i seriously have no idea what's going on-"

"that is because you're reading the third volume."

"..."

no words exchange. silence follows for a few seconds with kaiser's little oh of realization.

"you won't understand if you skip the previous parts. do you wanna read the-"

"nah, im good. like i said, this is shit." he shuts the book dramatically while leaning back with a sigh. a sheepish chuckle falls out of his mouth as he turns his head to look at you, "can you get me the previous volumes?"

"but you said-"

"i know what i said. and i still believe it is shitty. i just wanna see how much."

you raise an eyebrow at him and he sheepishly laughs again.

"would you mind if i borrow the other volumes too?"