ryusei

oneshot
[prompt10]

you don't look like you could defend yourself. you've heard it many times. from this shidou guy mostly. but you can, and you definitely can. maybe not in the karate class though, where you're undoubtedly the weakest one.

often during practice, shidou peaks through the door, bursting into laughter every time he sees your ass getting kicked. and then he also laughs about it after school as he walks behind you. he keeps getting on your nerves. he really does.

but he's adorable in a way. he's more innocent than you imagine. if you exclude those questionable things he says and does. like now, he looked really really adorable while looking at the strawberry-flavoured lollipops.

you thought your laugh wouldn't be heard but his ears instantly perked up to that sound. "what?" he questioned looking at you all confused.

"just noticed something."

"noticed what?"

"you pick pink colored snacks, or just anything. it's all pink."

"so?" he raised his eyebrow. oh now he looked offended. "just because im a boy, i can't like pink? is that what you're saying?"

"i never said that." you quickly get defensive.

you still can't figure out why he follows you around. and truth be told, he doesn't know either. maybe it's simply because he enjoys the chase. he's too persistent for his own good.

after paying for whatever junk food you bought even after your sensei strictly told not to, both walk out with calorieful bags. while you and him fuss about who gets to carry the bags, your eyes fall on a certain person. and you call shidou's name to make him pay attention.

"this guy again-" shidou cracks his knuckles, ready to throw punches but you stop him. as you tell him that multiple times, finally ending up pulling him away with you. "shidou, that guy is danger. im serious, don't try to fight him."

many factors including the fact that you consumed too much junk food is the reason why you're stopped at the end of your karate class. you had to own it up. you had to endure every harsh insult your sensei threw at you.

while shidou waited for you outside your class. ready to laugh at you as you walk out. and when you did, he started with those playfully mocking words as he pinned you to the wall. but you. you just hugged him. and let a few tears spill.

shidou was given a detention for trying to roundhouse kick the karate sensei. and you were too for whatever reason. in the classroom of only you and him, the silence never was found since you kept nagging at him.

"what were you thinking trying to kick sensei!?"

"that's a really good question."

you didn't feel like matching up to his energy. you never did honestly. but this time you told him you needed to be alone. so he didn't walk with you after school. shidou went to the convenient store out of boredom. buying the strawberry flavoured pocky cause he had it planned. besides, he's not used to walking alone. he's fast, he probably could run up and reach behind you.

shidou walks out of the store, re-counting the change he got, shoving the coins in his pocket. but his eyes fell on that thug who's found everyday outside the convenient store. so he takes one coin, and throws it hard enough so that it sticks onto the thug's forehead.

the time must be fucking with shidou cause how the hell did that man suddenly appear so close, ready to punch shidou. but that never happened cause the punch was taken by your forearm. and tears prick your eyes as you let out a little ouchie.

"ouchie!?"

"run you idiot!"

swiftly you grasped shidou's wrist and propelled yourselves forward, sprinting with every ounce of speed you could muster. soon it was shidou who clutched your wrist, dragging you along. "i take back what i said. your defense is awesome, and your reflexes too."

"yeah, not the time! a thug is running after us!"

"now is the time. i kinda feel bad but when you hugged me and cried, i got hard."

"shidou what!?"

"nevermind, how about this...i think i like you. well, i used to. but now im sure i like you."

"ewwww!"

"don't ew my feelings man! not cool!"

"can you just-"

pant. pant. pant.

after that delinquent was finally out of sight, both of you sat by the bus stop, panting so damn heavily.

"i really meant it. don't think i confessed-"pant"-just cause i got lost in the moment."

"i know."

"..."

"..."

"so we're-"

"yes."

"really-?"

"shut up."

"...just to be on the safe side, let's make an oath to never break up."