michael

oneshot

it's been ten minutes, give or take, your friend promised to be back soon. it might seem like she abandoned you but you know her. so you wait and wait. a red cup of some drink in your hand. you're not even aware of what drink it is. just holding onto the cup to avoid the awkwardness of fidgeting with your fingers. back leaned against the wall as the party goes on. you helplessly watch. and you helplessly wait.

you don't get along that well with kaiser. but you were given what he calls a privilege to call him by his first name. so when he sees you, you're unaware of what to do. you look away— a typical reaction from a loser like yourself. you bite the inside of your cheek and hold onto the cup a little tighter, as from your peripheral vision, you see kaiser saying something to his mates before approaching you.

you look back at him, still occasionally avoiding eye contact. he hits you with the "hey," as he gets near. you parrot that as a response. kaiser might always have a cocky smirk, but it's friendlier this time, you notice.

"you here?" he questions knowing damn well how you prioritize your comfort zone so much. you'd never attend an event like this. he knows that. the party music and your low voice only made him shake his head. he gets closer, leaning down to hear you properly. you tell him that your friend forced you and that you never wanted to be here. there's a little silence. and it's absolutely awkward. so you add that you're waiting for her. evidently.

he simply hums, running his eyes up and down before commenting on your outfit. criticizing and making fun of it. you ramble and tell him you didn't bother putting much effort. and reminded that you were forced. and that you never wanted to be here. you said it too longly, purely just to avoid being boring, and he finds that funny. adorable even. as he chuckles deeply.

he pokes fun at you, like a senior who knows it all. asking if you had any idea what goes down in these parties. obviously, you do. you tell him that. reminding him in every sentence that it's a hassle. him being a know it all is a hassle. you never wanted to be here.

from the corner of your eyes, you could see someone staring. you look to see few girls and maybe few of kaiser's mates glancing your way, then talking among themselves. you're not to be blamed if you think they might be gossiping. you quickly get aware of the fact that what they might see from their point of view— kaiser pinning you to the wall.

kaiser reads your discomfort like you're an open book. he asks if you're ok. but you don't seem to hear him. he decides to distract you and asks if you're aware of what you're holding. what content might be in that red cup.

and you actually ramble this time, your voice hints annoyance and irritation when you tell him that no, you don't know what drink that this. you're holding it to avoid any unnecessary and awkward hand movements, yeah that's what typical losers do, you're aware. and you're waiting for your friend but god she's taking long. you're getting completely exhausted now. you ramble all that to him. and you don't seem to stop until he holds onto your wrist. the cup falling from your hand, but there doesn't seem to be any importance in paying attention to that.

you get distracted for a moment. gaze falling onto the tattoo on the back of his hand. he has one on the side of his neck too. does it join? is it connected? you weren't sure. but you're back at feeling annoyed real quickly. you click your tongue and your eyebrows furrow. you were so very annoyed.

"hey," he tries grabbing your attention and you simply question with a low hum. he tests the waters, leaning in. now that he gets closer, your attention stays completely at him and him only. but at the same time, you're tired and growing a little subconscious with the irritation.

his grip on your wrist lightens and you free it from his grasp only to tug at his sleeve. "im not going anywhere," he reassures. he gets more touchy. just gestures to ease your discomfort. but there's only so much that can do till you're irritated again.

you don't realise the music getting louder when here, kaiser has leaned against your ear again, "push me, or hit me if you don't like this, yeah?" he tests the water again. mouth hovering over your neck. his breath, it tickled.

you sigh.

his lips felt soft. so so soft.

he pulls himself off. your eyes were closed. and now a little hazy as you stare at his. "c'mon, my car's out-" he cuts himself, realising it's better to carry you there than you make you walk. so he does. carrying you out in his arms like you were a princess or a bride.

the time was thankfully on your side, it didn't feel long till you got to his car. in his car, on his lap. he made you straddle him. hands rubbing on your back soothingly. the dim warm light felt calming. it's quieter. it's nicer. he asks again if you're alright and you answer him properly saying you're much better now.

you trace the tattoo on his neck. it's pretty. you tell him that. he tell you about it— you being right about it being swirling thorns trailing to the back of his hand. you trace the blue flower, making him smile as he leans in, kissing your jaw and going lower. dragging his mouth on your neck and collarbones so chastely. he parts to capture your lips with his just as delicately. the kiss so pillowy and feathery, never wanting to stop. but the time wasn't with you again as your phone interrupts loudly.

still, you were proud of yourself for believing that your friend wouldn't ditch you.