[Important Question Chapter. Spoilers Ahead!] Relationships And General Ideas.

While I finished writing the last chapter, something came to my mind. A thought I've been thinking about for a while. Since I started writing this story, actually. It's about the relationship dynamic for this story. This new chapter leans heavily into that side of the story. So before I release it, I want to be sure of everything. The last thing I want to do is have regrets and end up leaving this story. I love writing this story, so I want to do what I can to preserve it.

I'll just be completely transparent here. This new chapter will help establish Y/N's future love interest. BUT. Despite saying I'm done with the chapter, I've been hesitant to release it. That's because of how important the chapter is for the future of the story. While there's seemingly one path, I've left the door open for multiple different ideas. This is the chapter where I want to make a more definitive decision. I have no idea who to choose because I've thought at length about all my options. They're all great! But that's just how I see it. I want to ask others what they think could work the best.

Sure, I could just enter all of their names into a name wheel and be done with it. But I've always prioritized what you readers would think is the most fun or interesting. I don't always have the best ideas, even if I think they're good. But with our collective ideas together, we can reach a better conclusion. So, let me ask you all this-

Do you think the art president (Kaichou) is a good pick? If so, is that because she's the only option made obviously available?

Let me cut to the chase here. I've been thinking for a little while about the other girls. Yoshi is a definite no for me. But the others are valid ideas.

Gamo, Nagatoro, Sana, Hana, and Sakura. I think they're all great choices.

Since the beginning, I've had two thoughts. Nagatoro x Y/N and Sana x Y/N. After the original second chapter, I thought about Sakura x Y/N. And recently I've thought of Hana and Gamo.

While Senpai x Nagatoro seems like a done deal, I've left the door open for Y/N to win.

Sana has been promoted with Y/N. Senpai's dialogue and how Y/N thinks of her are proof of that.

Sakura has yet to be completely introduced and Gamo has had a few appearances. But I've already planned out more for both of them, even without a relationship story to add.

While writing more, I thought about the other options. My number one idea is Sana and Y/n. But not very far behind are Nagatoro and Y/N or Sakura and Y/N. Gamo and Y/N are further behind them idea-wise, but she's still on the table.

The only one I've put away is Hana since she'd just be a Sana light since she'd be without the buildup.

So I thought I'd ask you guys for your input.

Ideas:

Nagatoro: A nice haters-to-lovers relationship. They've come a long way from being at each other's throats constantly. It would continue with the usual banter for a little while. But slowly they'd find each other drawn to one another. Ending in a relationship. But even if they're going out, Nagatoro can't help but tease Dead Senpai.

This option would leave Senpai on his own, though. But this isn't his story, is it? If you're too scared to confess, someone else might just beat you to the punch. Though, that would lead to complications later in the story. But that's for much later. So I'll have it planned out by then. (Probably)

Sana: The mysterious. She has the most planning so far. A, will they? Won't they?! They will! But that's for later. All of this setup is leading to their eventual meet-up. An emotional one to be sure. With Sana attending their school once more, it's time for them to grow even closer. Maybe Y/N can get Sana's stoic heart racing. This would lead to an interesting second half since she's older and in college by then. That would help keep things interesting as they both balance school and their relationships.

At the same time, it doesn't mean she can't lose. While writing the new chapter, I've written a separate version where he does choose to get over her, leading to an open spot for another heroine to swoop in and steal his half-decayed heart.

Sakura: The girl who looks cute on the outside, but has the hidden personality of a master manipulator. In short, everything Y/N hates in a person. She's the embodiment of humanity's worst traits, according to Y/N... So wouldn't it be funny if they got together? It'd start off with an unknowing Y/N and a curious Sakura. She'd be constantly leading on Y/N. Y/N would eventually find this out and stop humoring her. But all of this time Sakura has actually gotten close to Y/N. For some reason, she feels different than usual. Despite the numerous amount of boys she's used for entertainment before, Y/N's different. Maybe she's actually grown feelings for him. She has! This leads to a big reunion where they kiss and make up. Sakura promises to turn a new leaf and Y/N has to make a big decision. Does he trust her again?

Sakura was my third idea and has gone through the most rewrites. My first ideas with her were kind of boring since it'd just be boy meets girl through friend and mutual connection makes them fall I love. But after a while of fleshing out Y/N's personality, I had a lot of new ideas on how to better write a relationship between them. Incorporating Sakura's true nature and Y/N's disdain towards people he feels are fake work to make things more interesting. It'd also help show why Y/N is the way he is. At the same time, it'd help Y/N learn how to reconnect to people again. In the end, Sakura's path is about growth.

Gamo: Gamo and Y/N would make an interesting love-hate relationship. It would show Y/n's growth. How far he's gone from a while of dealing with Nagatoro. This would be a slower progression. Lots of teasing(Aggressive flirting) on Gamo's part, but it'd be more like schoridiners flirt(She may be seeming to get close and comfy with Y/N, she, like, totally isn't. And he's creepy for thinking that. Unless...). It would eventually end in Y/n cashing in her blank checks, and Gamo having to confront her own feelings. This ends in a relationship with a more relaxed Gamo. But she'd still keep her aggressive way of conveying her emotions toward Y/N.

I consider her and Sakura to be on par with each other creativity-wise. If I had to choose any of Nagatoro's friends, these are my top picks.

Ending thoughts

These are all ideas I can get behind. I honestly can't decide how I want to go about it. The only thing I'm sure of is that this will not be a harem story. Other than that, I'm kind of stuck. So before I release the next chapter, which will be very important moving forward, I want to make sure I have everything in order.

Please lend your thoughts and don't be afraid to express your ideas. Every opinion matters to me.

I'll leave this going until the end of the month. Or by the time this chapter stops getting interactions. Then I'll rewrite the chapter to better reflect the new path.

Thank you for your continued support and help, Reader-san. Until next chapter, -Kishimino-Sensei