As the Split Ends Show...

Motivation has been dying lately -
Expect this to be literal crap
Title suggestion credit: my friend, Hikaru!
_____________________________

Recap...
"Something isn't right and Im..going to try and find out..

whatever is going on in Mafuyu's life..."
_____________________________
It had been days now and still no sign of Mafuyu's appearance. Kanade found it odd that she would just abandon her job like that..but also knew...there was a reason behind it..and she was going to find it out.

Kanade goes out, remembering Mafuyu's address (For plot convenience—) and goes there

— Asahina Residence —
Kanade hesitates before knocking on the door and half expected Mafuyu to be home but..the person who opened the door...completely changed her thoughts.

"Oh? And who might you be?" a figure said who looked almost exactly like Mafuyu but older..

"I-I'm looking for....Mafuyu..miss." Kanade said a bit nervous. "Mafuyu? Oh, well I'm her mother, and she is upstairs studying if you want to find her." "Why though?" "First of all, who are you, are you a friend of Mafuyu's?" Mafuyu's mom asked question after question.

"Im...Kanade Yoisaki...Mafuyu's friend in music making.."

"Music making? Oh so you're one of her friends she told me about." "I took away her synthesizer so she will not be making anymore music."

Kanade was shocked, beyond in shock, she didn't even know what to say but she managed to mutter something out.

"Why..?" "Why..would you take her synthesizer..?"

"Music is just a waste of time." "Music will get her nowhere in life." "She will a doctor when she is older."

"Is...that what she wants...?" "Is that what she wants to do?" "Is that...the career she wants to pursue..?"

"Why of course!"

"...."

"I think...that...you don't even care about Mafuyu's feelings....in fact...I think you're suppressing her feelings..."

"Why would you say such a thing?" "Mafuyu is always a bright and kind girl." "I would never do that to her."

"Well...did you know that...she has once wanted to disappear...?"

Mafuyu's mom scoffs.

"She would never want to do that." "She is my little girl..."

With every response Mafuyu's mom gives, Kanade seems to get more and more frustrated. It seemed as if...Mafuyu's mom..refuses to believe anything has happened to her "perfect" girl.

"You don't seem to care about Mafuyu's feelings is that true?"

Kanade was shocked. She had never been this angry at someone in her life..she was about to snap but managed to keep her feelings in check.

"I care about Mafuyu's wellbeing..truly..."

"Well, I think you're business here is done." "I think you should go home." "You're parents must be worried sick."

"Please!" "Let me talk to Mafuyu...Im begging you.."

A sudden voice emerges..

"Eh..?" "Mom...who's at the door..?" "?!" "K-Kanade...?"

"Mafuyu..can..we talk..?" "Privately..?"

"Sure...Kanade.." "Come in..let's go to my room..."

Mafuyu lets Kanade inside and Mafuyu's mom frowns but doesn't intervene.

- Mafuyu's Room -

"What..is it..Kanade..?"

"Uhh...well...I wanted to ask you.." "Do you really want to be a doctor..?" "Is...it what you want..?"

silence..

"It...makes my mom happy that..Im pursuing this path.." "I don't want to disappoint her.."

Kanade was speechless..

"So..you're saying you're sacrificing your happiness for your mother?!"

"Shh!!" Mafuyu shushes Kanade in fear her mother might hear...

"O-Oh...s-sorry.."

"It's fine.."

"But..Mafuyu.." "This isn't ok!" "She can't just force you to do something you don't want to!!"

Mafuyu..refuses to listen...

Mafuyu's mom had been listening in on the conversation..learning more about 25ji...and another member...

Mizuki Akiyama...

She decides to investigate more into Mafuyu's music group..and..use this valuable information..

_____________________________
Im actually enjoying this- still hate Mafuyu's mom though😒
Word count: 631