8) an amazing birthday

Jeongguk

"So need an idea for a gift?" I ask Hoseok. He hums.

Yesterday night was so much fun! The smile on Taehyung's face while listening to music was precious. I know a gift perfect for him.

"A music player."

"Umm, it's not allowed right?" Hoseok looks confused.

"It's fine, I have one."

"Perfect then-No but, but where are we gonna buy it?"

"Oh. Good question." Ugh, the idea is so good! Taehyung would've loved it. Damn it.

Someone enters the tent.

"Hey- uh hi Jeongguk," It's him. Birthday boy. "What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"Can't I come and say hello to you guys?" At that, he nods and walks towards his bed to pick up his scarf.

"Should we go have breakfast then?" Taehyung asks while wrapping the scarf around his neck. There's a thick layer of snow outside now. Super cold.

"Sure, I'm starving," Hoseok says and we get up. "We'll think of some other gift later," He whispers into my ear and I nod. It's the usual, two bananas, one boiled egg, and some cereal for breakfast. And of course, my Banana Milk. We start eating without a word.

"Jeongguk, you said you wanted to visit your orphanage right?" Taehyung asks. I scrunch my eyebrows. "You wrote it on that note-"

"I know, I know." Nice. He probably doesn't want to go there. "You probably don't-"

"Should we go there today?" He cuts in before I can complete my sentence.

"Huh- You want to?" My eyes widen. TAEHYUNG WANTS TO VISIT MY ORPHANAGE. Calm down, Jeongguk.

"Like anyways we don't have anything to do, the SOU training thing's not gonna start until after the new year. So why not go now? Plus I wanna do something on my birthday other than sit here all day."

"Umm, sure!" OH MY GOD, I'M GOING TO MY ORPHANAGE. WITH TAEHYUNG! WE CAN EVEN GET HIS GIFT FOR HIM ON THE WAY OR SOMETHING. "I'll call up Jin and ask him if he wants to join," I say, getting up with excitement.

"Jeongguk, finish your food first," Taehyung laughs.

"Yeah, I should do that first," And I sit down again.

__________

"Let me drive now, you must be tired," Taehyung nudges me lightly. I thought he might back out if I told him it was five hour drive there, but he simply asked me if I had a way to play music in the jeep, and when I said yes he was ready to leave any second. Taehyung said he loved long drives.

"We'll stop to have lunch somewhere and then you drive for the rest okay?" I say.

"Okay."

Hoseok drove for the first hour and then I am driving for like, more than two hours now. I really am tired. Thank god Taehyung noticed.

"Hey look-" Hoseok says from the backseat.

"Lotteria!" Taehyung squeaks in joy when he looks out of the window. "Let's have burgers for lunch. Okay, Jeongguk?"

"As you wish, birthday boy." I smile and park the car.

We fill out stomachs with burgers, fries, and fried chicken, knowing that we won't get to eat all this for a long time. Taehyung's boxy smile never leaves his face and he looks as if he's brought back to life. When it's time for dessert, I order my favorite Tornado choco cookie ice cream, Hoseok gets a milkshake for himself, and Taehyung orders Tornado strawberry ice cream.