1.8 Warmth in her bones

Akshara's POV

"Because of you I lost my children, my brother."
"Akshara, you snatched my husband away like you did with my mumma."
"This love is a mistake, this second chance was a mistake, all it has ever done is bring destruction to my family"

Akshara felt cold, the chill spreading from her fingertips engulfing her body.
She felt herself stumbling back, palms trembling, she wanted to claw at her chest, the pain was overwhelming her, she couldn't breathe.

"Akshi, look at me, she's okay, Aaira's okay, she's inside." Di cut into her line of sight, holding her steady, her sister was always holding her steady. Akshara felt herself being gently pushed into the room.
Her daughter needed her, she needed to get herself together. Why was she feeling so cold.

——————————————————————

The entire hallway was silent, the two families were in shock at coming face to face after so many years.

Bade Papa broke the silence, tears glistening in his eyes, "6 years, we have been worrying about her for 6 years, and she was with you all this time, you couldn't have informed us even once?"

"Like you had kept us informed about Akshara all those years." Choti Dadi snapped back sharply.

"She said daughter, which daughter, whose daughter?" Manjiri ji hysterically asked.

It was chaos. The elders had started bickering amongst themselves, years of grief and anger fuelling their words.

"Tell me something, if you were so hell bent on neglecting Akshi all her life, why didn't you let us have her custody, kam se kam humari bachi humare saath hote, khush hote." Nanu furiously asked.

"Nanu please calm yourself, this is neither the place nor time for this." Kaira pleaded with her grandfather.

"Akshara's daughter? How is that possible- Akshara had miscarried !" Mahima Birla questioned.

"How could you keep our grandchild away from us?" Bade Mamma cried out.

"Sawal or jawab, dono pe aap log aapna haq bohot pehle kho chuka hai."  Naitik replied sternly, "We have come here for our daughters, so if you will excuse us."

Just then, the door flung open, "Nanu!!!"
Aaira flung herself at her grandfather.

"Princess sambhalke" Naitik caught her with open arms
"You came to surprise me na, I knew it, you guys can't stay without me even for 2 days, offo Nanu, what will I do with you?" Aaira teased her grandfather.

Abhimanyu Birla felt like he had been punched in the gut. The little girl, who had plagued his thoughts since morning, the one who had reminded him so much of Akshara, was his daughter.

He had a daughter, he knew she was his, the years added up and while Aaira had taken up after her mother and aunt in her looks, her smile was all Abhimanyu.

He missed it. He missed everything.
His daughter's birth, her first steps, her first words.

"My Abhi's daughter ! My granddaughter! That girl kept her away from us all these years, and you are saying we don't have the right to even question her!" Manjiri ji exploded.

"Akshara" Krish, Kaira and Vatsal chimed in simultaneously.

"Her name is Akshara, aap mujhse bhade hain, and I'm trying to respect that, but I will not allow you to speak about my sister that way." Krish continued.

"Vatsal chachu, who are all these people, why are they shouting?" Aaira whispered to Vatsal and the elders quickly composed themselves.

Akshara could feel Abhimanyu's gaze on her but all she could think about was how she was always on the opposite side.
This was the family she had craved her whole life for, sacrificed everything for - but there was this imaginary line and she was always on the opposite side, easily discarded, always alon-

"Mumma" Aaira gently nudged her out of her thoughts and Akshara turned to see Kaira Di, Krish Bhaiya, Vatsal, Nanu - they were all looking at her with concern.

She wasn't alone, she realised, not anymore, she did have a family who loved her and cared for her, who fought for her. Akshara felt the ache in her chest loosening, warmth flooding her bones.

"Let's go home." Akshara picked Aaira up and her family held her together as they walked away.

She was going to be okay.

A/N : So this chapter was always going to be about how Akshara realises that she does have a family who loves her and prioritises her. Her first step to healing.

What do you guys think is going to happen next ?
Do comment, would love to read your thoughts and suggestions.
Thank you for all the votes <3