1.10 Custody trial

Udaipur
Singhania House

"Primary custody ?? On what basis?" Kaira furiously asked.

Nanu walked towards Akshara, "Akshi, it's going to be okay, we will sort this out."

"Of course we will, they don't even have a case." Krish assured her.

Akshara was numb, how could Abhimanyu do this to her, to their daughter, she could not imagine subjecting her baby to a custody battle. How was it that he was capable of hurting her so much.
No no she couldn't let this happen, she would not let it go this far.

"We need to find a lawyer, they don't have a strong case, so they will try to prove that Akshi is not fit to be the mother." Kaira had taken corporate law as her masters, but she knew how these custody battles worked and there was no way in hell that her sister was loosing custody of her niece.

"The court hearing is in 2 days, they have even stated that Aaira cannot be taken out of the city till the hearing is done. They have pulled all the stops."

Akshara took a deep breath and said, "No, we are not fighting a custody battle, I will not subject Aaira to that, there has to be something we can do out of court."

"But Akshi, they are trying to snatch your rights away." Kaira argued

"Please Di, nothing matters to me more than my daughters happiness, and this is not what's good for her."

"All right, I'll get us a lawyer, and get the Birla lawyer's to come to an agreement." Kaira conceded.

——————————————————————
Kaira was fuming, it seemed that the lawyers in Udaipur were too afraid to fight a case against the Birlas, and they were now without a lawyer.
It didn't matter, she would be her sister's lawyer, she hadn't practised in a while, but she was a damn good one, and it was time the city of Udaipur had realised that just because the Singhania's had left the city, it didn't mean there were any less powerful than before.

Kaira walked up the stairs of the Birla mansion, to think this was both her sister's sasural and here she was negotiating for her niece's custody. The Birla's lawyers had told her to meet them at the house, Akshara had initially insisted on coming along, but Nanu had convinced her otherwise.
The entire family along with the lawyers had gathered in the hall, but Abhimanyu was missing.

"Aah Ms. Singhania, we were just waiting for you, I heard it was quite hard for you to find a lawyer, did you finally manage to find one?" the Birla's lawyer Mr.Shekhar snickered.

"I'm here to meet Dr.Abhimanyu Birla."

"He's not here, and whatever you have to say, you can tell me." Manjiri Birla sternly replied.

"Considering Dr.Abhimanyu is the one who filed the case, I will be speaking to him directly." Kaira replied.

"It was me, I filed the case, and if you have come here to ask us to take the case back, then I'm sorry but that will not happen, my son has missed enough of his daughter's life, he will not miss anymore.I will not allow her to keep Aaira away from Abhimanyu." Manjiri was in hysterics, she couldn't believe that that girl kept her granddaughter away from them for so long. Akshara was the reason her family had fallen apart, she would not let her son loose his daughter.

"Manjiri ji please, Akshara has no intention of keeping Aaira away from Abhimanyu, and I'm here so we can discuss visitation and settle this out of court, but a custody battle is not something that a child should be unnecessarily subjected to."

Mr.Shekhar intervened, "Why don't you just say that you are terrified of loosing the case Ms. Singhania, vaise bhi without a lawyer aap log kya hi kar sakte hai."