Chapter 8 (Sweet Dreams)

Abby got out her house key to open the front door; then she went straight upstairs to her bedroom quietly and rapidly.  As she sat on her bed, she got her sandwich and drink out of her backpack (the only dinner she’s had because she was late coming home, she occasionally eat dinner with her family anyway), took out her notebook and grabbed her journal.   She began eating her sandwich and drinking her juice as she took a quick look through her notebook.  Reminiscing about what she discovered earlier, she closely examined all the drawings and tried to piece together what they really meant.

Dear Journal:

This will be a short story since I am too tired to write a couple of pages so, I will just give you an update in a small summary.  I have found some very interesting information when I went to investigate the cave from the map.

It looks like what all the info means is something about some kind of ancient ruins and something about an ancient race.  It could’ve been about a ritual, something bigger than that, or just a bunch of random drawings.  I don’t know.  Maybe it’s just a bunch of nothing.

This is all too much for me right now; I need to think of things more clearly.  I’m going to get some shut eye for now.  I’m very tired.  Goodnight.

Abby grabbed her night clothes, grabbed her trash from the bed (sandwich wrapper and plastic juice bottle), threw her trash away in the bathroom close to her room, got dressed for bed, brushed her teeth, quickly washed her face, and headed to her comfortable bed.

She put her journal away, got into her bed, laid there and let her mind drift as she soaked in all that has happened recently.     “Things just don’t make sense.  I must be extremely tired.   I’ll just melt away into dreamland and hopefully I’ll be able to forget about what’s been happening lately.”  Abby said exhaustingly to herself.  

She drifted off to sleep while yawning; she slowly fell asleep and reminiscing in her mind about the details of the day.    As Abby drifted off to sleep, the symbols and drawings she saw earlier were still fresh in her mind.   She began to have strange dreams about her day.

The dream started with Abby standing in one room and her family was in separate room.  She began to walk towards them to say hello.   The more she approached them, the more they drew further away.

Abby felt a hand grab her and pull her into another room.  It was Hunter.  “Hunter?”  Abby said.  “We need to go now!  Come on.”  Hunter whispered to Abby.  There was a person in a black hoodie, black jeans, and black shoes chasing after them.

Abby raced around with Hunter as they tried to get away as fast as they can from the mystery person charging behind.   While she was rushing to survive, she got a glimpse of a man that looked like her Grandpa Louis, but had a blank face.

Hunter and Abby ended up in a dim room and came across a figure sitting in a dark corner with combat boots sticking out from the shadows.       “Jake, what are you doing here?”  Abby said quietly.    Jake said nothing at all; he sat there rocking back and forth while his eyes were looking to the right side of the floor.

‘Jake…do you hear me?...Say something?!?”  Abby whispered again trying to get Jake’s attention.   Jake just continued to sit there with a blank expression on his face.     “What is wrong with him?”  Abby said to Hunter.     Hunter shrugged his shoulders.     “I don’t know, but we’ve gotta go.  Bye-bye Jake.”  Hunter said saluting at Jake and pointing to mystery person just around the corner.    He pulled Abby’s arm and dragged her out of the room again.

The next and last room she was dragged into looked like a regular room on the outside, but resembled the Moonhaven cave on the inside.

As she stepped in the cave she stepped to the side with a shocked expression on her face when she saw that her grandmother Georgina and her Petra were in the cave.   They said nothing, just standing there staring at Abby.   Both of them had an eerie smirk on their faces and were pointing at the cave walls.

They began to move slowly towards Abby with the same smirk on their face.   They moved in closer and closer and closer…Until…

A flash abruptly ended the dream leaving Abby in a panicked sort of dream state.   She woke up groggy from her sleep.   Still in a dream state; she laid in bed for a few minutes with confusing visions in her brain, wiped her eyes, stretched her arms slowly, and sat up in her bed.

She sat there thinking for a second not believing the dream she had and what she saw earlier in the cave.   Still wondering if what she learned was real or just an illusion. 

“I have to get some answers about the information that I just discovered.  I have to ask someone about it, but I have to do it subtlety.  When I go downstairs, will it still be the life I have always lived or will what I am about to find out change everything?   I will just have to find that out myself, whether the truth is incredibly shocking.”  Abby said to herself.