Chapter 12 (A New Life)

Dear Journal:

Maybe I should just move on from all of this chaos.   I need a fresh start over and move on.   I need to forget about everything and get focused on other activities.   Maybe I should take up that fashion internship I applied for or go to one of those universities that I also applied for (I wanted to have a few options). 

I should just leave.   Really, my family did not tell me what was going on.  So, why should I care if I stay here or not?   

Oh well…Time for new beginnings.

------------------------------------------

Abby got out the replies that were sent to her from different universities, opened up the letters with which she already knew the answer to some of them, looked through those small pile of college acceptances, chose one of them swiftly, put away her journal, went downstairs fuming with a strong haze of anger, but also contained, and announced to her parents downstairs that she has been accepted to Riverview University for an Undergraduate degree in Fashion Journalism (two of her best loves- fashion and writing); which she wouldn’t be starting until the Autumn/Winter season.    

Her parents were excited and congratulated her, even though they never knew she had applied to anywhere let alone to a university.

She also announced to them that she will be leaving for University in 6 weeks and she should have told them about it earlier, but she has been so busy she forgot.    She asked her parents if she could stay with Hunter while she waits until it is time to leave.     Her parents said they needed to ask his parents first.   

Abby said ok and was secretly excited to finally get a long break away from the madness that was home.    That way she can just leave and not worry about anything.

Later that night, Abby packed up her things ahead of time and stashed the luggage away for her destination.    After she packed everything she needed, she laid down on her bed and fell asleep.

When Abby awoke the next morning, she heard a knock on her door.   She quickly got her slippers on and grabbed her robe.    When she opened her door, it was her mother.  She just wanted to give Abby the good news that Hunter’s parents said that it was ok if Abby stayed over his house while she waited to go to University.   Her mother said that Hunter will be picking her up tomorrow early in the afternoon.

Abby, very excited, looked over her things one more time to make sure she had not forgotten anything.   She looked at where her journal was thinking whether or not she would write another entry tonight.   She was too tired and too overjoyed, so she turned away, got dressed for sleep early, and spent the rest of the time catching up on some calming sleep.

The next day, Abby showered and got ready rapidly.   When she was dressed, she quickly checked over her things while she waited.

There was a beeping noise from outside.    Abby rushed to her bedroom window and looked out, it was Hunter.    She smiled to herself, grabbed her belongings, went down the stairs, said her goodbyes to everyone, and began to head out to the car.

When she got outside, Hunter and Abby hugged each other, put the bags in the trunk, got into the car, and carried on down to Hunter’s house.

------------------------------

“I can’t get what happened when Jake and Grandfather visited out of my head for some reason.  It’s like there’s nothing else that I can think about, I have a headache.  I got a bad vibe that something terrible was happening in Jake’s life and he had no one to turn to about it.    I have to find out what’s really going on.    Hmmm…where should I start?”  Abby thought to herself.