Chapter 10 (Enter the Dragon)

As Abby headed to the bottom of the stairs feeling tense and relaxed at the same time.   She slowed down her pace and stood on the middle of the stairs, thinking about what to do.    “I can’t turn back now.  I have to know what is going on, even if the truth deeply hurts.    My family can try to hide the truth from me all they want, but it has to come out sooner or later.”  Abby thought.

Abby decided to give the questioning another chance, really getting down to the nitty gritty of this subject.    She worked her way down to the bottom of the stairs hoping that she would get at least some answers.

Abby walked into her parents’ office and as she was coming in, her grandmother Georgina was coming out of the office while bumping into Abby’s arm in the process.  

“Ow!”  Abby exclaimed looking down at her left arm.     “Oh, I’m sorry about that dear.  Abigail?  Abigail Megan?  Is that you?!?   Well, you have grown up to a very pretty young lady.   Do you remember me?    It’s your granny Georgina.”  Georgina said looking at Abby with a smile.

“Yeah, of course how have you been granny?”  Abby said to Georgina with a half-smile expression of her face.      “Good, good.   Glad you are doing ok.   Well, I can’t stay too long.   I’ve got to get going.  Have a big event to attend to today.    It was great to see you Abby.  Bye.”  Georgina said as she left while waving at Abby, Petra, and Landon.

“What was Grandma doing here?   I thought she rarely came out here.”  Abby asked looking at her parents as she entered the office.       “She just came for a visit.”  Petra said.      “Yeah, she just came for some family photos and she brought her own that she wanted to share as well.”   Landon said. 

Petra looked at Landon with a peeved look on her face.

As Petra was looking at Landon for a few minutes mumbling a few words to him, Abby’s eye caught a glimpse of something sticking out from the organized pile on the office desk.    It looked like a map, the same map that she found on the family computer.     “No, it can’t be true.   The same map where the drawings were?   I must be seeing things, yeah that’s it…I’m just seeing things.”  Abby thought.

Abby brought here attention quickly back to her parents so she would not get questioned on why she was staring at the desk for so long.

When Petra was done, she asked Abby if there was something she wanted.   “No, I did want to ask you something, but I forgot what it was.”  Abby said.       “Oh, ok.   Well when you do, I will be here to answer anything you ask.    If you think of the question or questions again, just come back and see us again.”  Petra said cheerfully.        “Will do.”  Abby shouted as she walked out of the office and back up the stairs, delaying her plan further.

“Something doesn’t seem right.   Grandma came here for a visit all the way from Maine and no one even thought to tell me at all?    No one even thought I wanted to come downstairs to say hello to the grandmother that I have not seen since I was a kid?   That sounds very very fishy to me.”  Abby thought to herself.