5. Denied

Zero reached the outskirts of the Fire Moth base which is Naganohara City. It is a fortress with high walls to keep the Honkai out. The Fire Moth have tunnels which let it's soldiers come out to fight. This is the reason as to how he was able to reach the outside so easily. He took a few seconds to see the wall before he ran to the wall.

As he ran he saw a section on the wall changing as it showed the opening of a tunnel. As it opened he managed to see CIEL standing there with a smile along with a few soldiers who were looking at him curiously. He made his way to them as he stopped in front of her.

"Mission Complete CIEL." Zero said to her.

"I know Zero. You came back unscathed. That will show those people." CIEL said with a smile.

Zero also smiled back before looking at the assembled soldiers. They never expected to see a robot show emotions like a human as they were surprised to see him smile.

"Let's go. We have to go meet my Superiors again." CIEL said with a sigh.

"Alright." Zero said with a nod.

The two of them then walked which was tedious to say the least. It didn't help that the usage of vehicles in the tunnels is prohibited so they had to walk to the place. They reached the area and entered the room. But Zero was surprised to find a new addition to the people in the room.

 But Zero was surprised to find a new addition to the people in the room

'Himeko.' Zero thought to himself.

Himeko looked at him as he looked at her before looking straight ahead.

"Mission has been completed. Honkai have been terminated." Zero said to the people present.

The man at the helm nodded. But the other members were looking at him wearily. The amount of strength and fighting prowess that Zero showed is very much above the capabilities of their soldiers and while it would be a good thing to have more of his calibre. There was a problem with that.

"As you have seen sir, Zero has shown great prowess in the fight against the horde of Honkai. It shows that my project is worth investing in." CIEL said to the people.

Zero noted that Himeko seemed interested in him as she looked at him. A smile appeared on her face when she saw that he is looking at her.

"So, could I request you to give me more—" CIEL said to them but was interrupted as a man stood up.

"Denied." The man said causing the others to look at him.

"What? Why? Zero has shown that he is strong enough so why is there a problem?" CIEL asked him.

"It's precisely because of that. What's to say that a robot of his calibre won't turn against us." The man said to her.

"Zero won't do that!" CIEL immediately denied his claim.

"Really? As per your words he is a robot which is self-aware and is like us humans. Who's to say that he won't turn against us." The man said to her.

CIEL was baffled when she heard the man.

"He is correct. As a robot he should be a tool for us not have the ability to think like us. Not only was he able to learn in the middle of the fight he used unorthodox ways of fighting against them. As far as I know, grabbing the tusks of a Parvati is not a combat data that is utilised by us." Another male member said to him.

"Well, that is true but that is part of how he is. But he won't turn against us." CIEL said trying to salvage the situation.

Why did these people have to be like this? Can't they see that she is only trying to help in the fight against the Honkai? And it maybe as a way to fulfill her great grandfather's wish but she has also put in her work as well.

"We cannot let a dangerous robot like him be free." A female member said to her.

"That's correct. If anything, we should use him to create robots which can mimic his fighting capabilities." Another member said agreeing with the three before her.

The other's also started to join as Mobius and Mei were the only ones who didn't say anything. Himeko has a frown on her face when she heard that. Unfortunately for her she doesn't have the authority to say anything to them.

"CIEL, from what I can infer her the members have decided that Zero, while he is capable of combat his freedom of thought and self awareness has been seen as a threat by the rest of the members. As such, I am ordering to cease his functions and have him given for research to create robots of his fighting capabilities." The leader of the members said to her.

"Denied." Zero immediately said before Ciel could say anything as he crossed his arms in front of him.

(I decided to just call her Ciel now.)

"What!" The man who started the conversation said shocked.

He wasn't the only one as the other people in the room where shocked that he had just said that he refuses an order. Even Mobius, Mei and Himeko were surprised. The two scientists didn't think that a robot which had just been awakened would say something like that. As for Himeko, she is also surprised that he said that as the other robots she had seen has always responded to the commands of humans.

"What are you saying?" A female member asked with narrowed eye's.

"I'm saying that I'm refusing your order of shutting down." Zero said as he narrowed his eyes at them.

End Chapter

And that's it for this chapter.

So how did you like it?

I know that I asked this already, but should I give Zero powers using the Honkai?

Please leave a vote and comment and support my book.