12. Inheritance

Zero felt his eyebrows twitch as he sat on a chair in Ciel's lab as she is currently out.

"I seriously don't think that i have to be put under surveillance for showing illogical behaviour." Zero said with an annoyed look.

A hum was heard from behind him as his eyebrows twitched as well.

"Also, don't braid my hair like that Elysia." Zero said as he looked at Elysia.

She is smiling happy while humming a tune as she is braiding his hair much to his annoyance.

After seeing Zero dancing and singing he was ordered to be put under supervision to make sure that he won't do anything detrimental due to his illogical behaviour which is not expected of a robot for war.

Of course, Zero had known about Iok's little meeting, he had also learned hacking and to further increase his skill set. And of course he knew that the man was showing the footage of the lab so he sang and danced in front of it on purpose. It was his way of saying "Fuck You" to Iok and any of the councilmen who think that they can predict and control him.

Due to this he wasn't able to leave the area around the lab which caused him to spend the better amount of his time with Ciel as he learned with her and gave her his own ideas for further weapons. He has also asked for an upgrade for his saber so it can use more energy.

He also has an ability similar to the learning ability of the original Zero as he was able to use the data on Parvati and Flame Emperor which he got from the battle to gain new abilities. Unfortunately he has to actually be in the area when getting the data as only visual isn't enough.

The change in the atmosphere, sound, vibrations, molecules and other calculations also have to be done so he has to experience it himself so that he can gain new abilities which was the reason he was frustrated about not being able to leave as he wanted to get more abilities for himself.

Another thing that he had learned was that Ciel seemed to be unaware of this ability as she was surprised when she learned about his new abilities. He had asked her why she was surprised since she was the one who created her but then he was surprised when she said that it was her grandfather who actually created him.

Flashback

"So your grandfather was the one who actually made me?" Zero asked her.

"Yes, you see. I have only made a few adjustments to your systems due to the change in time but you are a very advanced robot compared to the ones that we are capable of creating." Ciel said to him.

"How advanced?" Zero asked her.

"Much more than I can expect. The technology of our time is so futuristic that there is almost nothing that we can do. And yet your abilities and system's are so advanced that it even baffled me. Even I was unable to fully understand you." Ciel said to him with an embarrassed look.

'It's just like with X and Zero.' Zero thought to himself.

"If your grandfather was so smart then why wasn't he able to fully create me?" Zero asked curiously.

"That's well, my grandfather was a great scientist, but most of all he was a humanitarian, someone who truly wants to help human society." Ciel said to him.

"Really? Most scientists that I heard about are running after making great accomplishments and names for themselves rather than the welfare of humanity." Zero said to her.

"My grandfather was a special case as he wanted to help humanity rather than seek fame and wealth." Ciel said with a sad smile.

"What happened?" Zero asked seeing her expression.