31. Herrscher's Humanity

In the command room the people were watching the screen stunned from what they had just seen. The amount of power Zero just showed was enough to actually take down the Herrscher much faster. If it were them then they would've had more trouble with it but we're surprised at his efficiency.

'Good God. It was able to defeat the Herrscher so easily. What if it turns against us after defeating the Herrscher's? It has shown itself to be able to make its own decisions so it might turn against us due to not wanting to be under our rule. This might be dangerous.' Iok thought to himself as he looked at the screen as a bead of sweat dropped from his forehead.

"Ciel, tell Zero to retrieve the Herrscher Core of the Herrscher and bring its body to us for studies." The leader said to the scientist.

"Yes sir." Ciel said before she looked at her tablet.

'I really don't like that but we have no choice.' Ciel thought to herself as she started to call him.

"Zero, retrieve the Herrscher core and bring the Herrscher to HQ." Ciel said through the comms.

"Affirmative." Zero said through the comms as she let out a sigh.

'Experimenting on humans is not something that I'm comfortable with. But considering our situation it is the only option.' Ciel thought to herself as she looked at the screen.

At the battlefield Zero who had just got the retrieval order from Ciel looked at the destruction done by his attack.

'Well, I have improved but compared to the original Zero, it's still not enough, I think.' Zero thought to himself before he turned to Kalpas.

"Kalpas, why don't you help the other MOTH soldiers while I get the Herrscher." Zero said to him.

"Yeah, I'm down with that." Kalpas said before he jumped away from him causing Zero to sweat drop.

'Wow, no hesitation whatsoever.' Zero thought to himself as he looked at the direction he ran.

He then turned his attention to the downed Herrscher before he ran and immediately reached near her as he stopped himself. He recognised the face as that of the same as Ana Schariac from the era of Kiana Kaslana.

'The Herrscher's are the same people. If that's the case then the next one will be someone who looks like Seele. And it looks like she managed to survive, most likely because of the shell that was covering her.' Zero thought to himself as he looked at her.

Then he used his X-ray vision and looked at the body of the girl and located the core housed inside her body at the centre of her chest. He covered his hand in Nuclear Energy before he slowly inserted it into the chest. The Herrscher gasped and her eyes opened from the sensation as she looked at it surprised.

Her surprise grew when he pulled his hand out and he has the Herrscher core in his hands much to the girls shock. She looked at her chest to see that it is still intact and doesn't look like a hand had just recently gone through it.

"What did you do?" The Herrscher asked weakly.

"I have taken your core and am now going to take you back to HQ." Zero said to her as he created a box and put the core inside it.

"Heh! So I guess that's how my life ends huh." The Herrscher said with a resigned look on her face.

"You were attacking humanity, it is my duty to protect them from the Honkai. Even if you are a former human, making sure that the rest of humanity continues to exist is my primary directive." Zero said to her.

"I see. You are just doing your job. But I will tell you that protecting them will be of not benefit. I know." The Herrscher said to him.

"What do you mean by that?" Zero asked curiously.