9. Training Test

"Tch, the Herrscher's are quite powerful. Then again, they wouldn't be called Herrscher's if they weren't." Zero said to himself as he looked at a computer.

He has read the information that Fire Moth had regarding the previous four Herrscher's. The Herrscher Cores are also in their possession and it seems Dr. Mei is trying to find ways to use them.

'If I remember it correctly she creates solium which is used for using Herrscher Cores. Nanotechnology if I'm correct.' Zero thought to himself.

He stopped looking at the computer as he closed his eyes and thought about the various Divine Key's that she made using the Herrscher Cores. The strongest of them being the Judgement of Shamash which uses the core of the Herrscher of flames which is what Himeko will end up becoming.

'Himeko is the 7th Herrscher, therefore the 5th and 6th Herrscher's are left before she comes. I should gauge my strength against the previous Herrscher's to make sure that I'm ready if she does go berserk.' Zero thought to himself.

He then looked at his hand as he gathered Nuclear Energy before dispersing it. His control over it isn't that proficient, of course he is able to use it to fight efficiently but he wants to be able to control it to a very higher degree.

'I should also get myself a few more weapons. The saber is fine but it has a fixed amount of energy and if I need to contend against something like the Judgement of Shamash I need a strong weapon.' Zero thought to himself.

As he was musing to himself the door to the lab opened and Ciel walked in. She noticed him and smiled at him to which he smiled back.

"Welcome back Ciel. Did you get the job done?" Zero asked her.

"Yes, and your tests results are fine as well. You are functioning at full capacity so you don't have to worry Zero." Ciel said with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear it." Zero said with a smile.

Ciel nodded before going to her computer and typed very fast which caused Zero to raise an eyebrow at her behaviour. He shrugged his shoulders before he looked at the computer and started to search about the happenings in the world.

He learned that the Honkai have been attacking humanity all around the world which wasn't much of a surprise to him. He however realised that their attacks are more frequent than in the future.

'Maybe it's because the technology here is so advanced.' Zero thought to himself.

He then looked at some of the designs of the houses in the world and he couldn't help but sweat drop at the sight. What he is seeing is a house supported by four poles as it is held in the air. (The ones seen when entering the Elysia realm.)

'Why do they build houses like this? Taking out two of the poles on the same side is more than enough to cause the building to come tumbling down.' Zero thought to himself as he shook his head in exasperation.

He searched a few more things before his attention was taken by Ciel as he looked at her.

"Zero, let's go to the training room. A private one." Ciel said to him.

Zero raised his eyebrow at it but stood up nonetheless.

"Ok." Zero said to her.

Ciel nodded with a smile as she walked with Zero following behind. The left the lab and reached a private training area. Ciel instructed Zero to stand in the middle of the room as he followed her commands.

"Alright Zero, I want you to gather Nuclear Energy in your right hand." Ciel said to him.

He did as told as he gathered Nuclear Energy like a ball in his right hand.

"Now I want you to turn it into fire." Ciel said to him.

Zero merely nodded to her as he tried to do as she said. In a few seconds he managed to do it as he now has a fireball in his hands. Ciel meanwhile was typing into the tablet.

"Now try to change the fire into ice. If you can't then disperse it and then create it again." Ciel said to him.

Zero nodded to her as he tried as she told him to. If took a bit more effort but he was finally able to convert the fire into ice which he can use. Ciel was happily typing into her tablet as she gathered the data.

After that they tried lightning, plasma, light, ions, radiation, and full body augmentation using Nuclear energy which Zero was able to do. Though he had to practice with it if he wanted to become proficient in its use.

"That's all for the tests Zero." Ciel said to him.

"Alright, it was quite informative." Zero said to her.

"Right. Oh before I forget, I have a gift for you." Ciel said as she opener the suit she brought with them.

Zero became intrigued as he walked to her. She looked at him with a smile as she turned the suitcase to show him what is inside it. He was surprised to find a pair of pistols in it as they are neatly placed as he looked at them.

 He was surprised to find a pair of pistols in it as they are neatly placed as he looked at them

(They are in perfect condition.)

"Beautiful." Zero said as he traced his hand along the guns.

"Hehe! I knew you would like this. These are special handguns made by me. They work using Nuclear energy. You can siphon your Nuclear Energy into then and then shoot it out in the form of bullets. Against the Honkai, it will be quite effective. I hope at least." Ciel said to him.

Zero took the two guns in his hands as he marvelled at how it looked. It fit perfectly into his hands and just like she said he siphoned his Nuclear energy into the right gun before sending a shot towards the target.

He the gave a few more shots before spinning them using his fingers before stopping them and grabbing them.

"These are perfect." Zero said to her.

"I'm glad you like this. I will tell you the rest of its functions at the lab." Ciel said as she showed him the case.

Zero put the guns back into it as the duo left the training room and made their way to the lab. But a pink haired, long eared individual looked at them from a distance as a smile appeared on her face.

"Oh, he is very interesting." The girl said as she giggled.

End Chapter

And that's it for this chapter.

I hope you liked this one.

You can suggest weapons for Zero in the comments.

Please leave a vote and comment and keep on supporting my book.