Chapter 3, months later

Sebastian was sent to Azkaban almost immediately, you suspected Professor Black just didn't want his own reputation taking a hit. That also meant you couldn't give him his wand back, so it wasn't snapped in two.
Things progressed pretty fast after that and days turned into weeks, then months.
Anne died of her curse and the weight of her grief shortly after Sebastian was imprisoned.
You and Ominis tried to help and comfort her, but in the end, couldn't do anything to help.
Watching her die stung as badly as losing Sebastian, the three of you had bonded closely because of it.
After Anne's death, Ominis ended up moving in with you in the Upper Hogsfield village to avoid going back home to his parents. Though you did annoy him at times with leaving things lying around in strange places, something you've tried not doing too much.
"I'm a bit concerned about school beginning soon. With Anne and Sebastian gone. It's not going to be the same," Ominis whispered, drawing your gaze.
"Yeah, I'm feeling that too," you agreed, eyes wandering towards your tea cup when his darkened further. "Have you settled on a career yet?"
"Well, I still want to run a clothing store. I did think about joining your career, but I-"
"What? Since when?"
He gave a slight shrug. "You're my last friend. I don't want to lose you too. So, if you want to go into a dangerous job, then I wanted to be there to make sure you survive it."
"That's not really fair to you, you know. Besides, everything is a dangerous job for me. I'm STILL being hunted by fragments of Rookwood and Harlow's rag-tag band."
He nodded. "I know, that's why I've been thinking about this for a while."
Staring at him, you frowned. "You're not asking for my opinion, are you?"
He mashed his lips together and gave a nod. "I am, but I did fill out the necessary paper work to go with you when you visit Azkaban today."
Tapping the cup, you sighed. You were grateful he wanted to watch out for you, but going to Azkaban with you for auror training? Not ever.
He gave a slight smile before he took another bite of his food.
"You're hoping to see Sebastian, aren't you?" That made him tense and lift his head so you could see his features twist. "I miss him too, but the people in that prison aren't the same as they were going in."
"I know, but I need to do this."
You didn't press further and ate the rest of your food in silence.

Auror Draken led you through Azkaban, showing you the worst of the worst prisoners, which slowly moved to the desperate ones.
You noticed Ominis getting worried and turning rigid as we continued.
"This cell holds a man named Felix Williams and Sebastian Sallow."
Your heart started to race, getting Ominis to shuffle closer.
"Both used the killing curse and were sentenced to life terms. Mr. Williams killed a woman named Mrs. Elizabeth Grimm."
The name struck a cord, making you knock into Ominis, who instantly turned his head your way.
"What's wrong?" he whispered.
"Elizabeth Grimm, was....my mother."
His fingers tightened on his wand as his expression pinched.
You weren't upset your mother was killed, not after what happened, but you never received a notification, though that was probably your own fault for going by a different name.
"Mr. Sallow killed his uncle during a duel. Both heinous crimes, thus they remain here in the expert care of this inescapable prison."
Draken started to lead the group away, but a familiar, albeit raspy voice called out.
"If it isn't my two friends. It's been so long, I almost didn't recognize you."
Sebastian moved into the light, showing how sunken his face was. His hair was flat, oily and down to his shoulders. But worse was the smile he sent you and Ominis. You could almost mistake him for the same boy you met nearly a year ago.
His eyes looked you both up and down before continuing. "You two have gotten closer."
"Of course we have, we were dealing with a lot at the time. Solomon's death, your imprisonment, Fig's and Anne's deaths."
Sebastian gave Ominis a small nod before his eyes slid to you. "I always had a feeling you'd end up going the auror route."
Your eyes slipped to his cellmate as he walked over, staring at you.
"We should go Ominis," you whispered, not wanting to talk to Mr. Williams.
He nodded and started to lead the way, but Sebastian reached out and grabbed your wrist.
"I dropped my wand that night and you were there, do you happen to know where it's at?"
Not sure why he was asking, you shook your head. "No," you lied. "It's probably still in that crypt."
His hand slipped to yours as Ominis pulled you back.
"Too bad," he whispered, his thumb brushing over your knuckles, before pulling you against the bars to put his mouth beside your ear. "We need your help. Something bad is happening here and I have proof this time. I just need to get out of here."
You met his gaze, seeing how dull his eyes were now, even with determination.
"Is this just a trick to get me to help you escape trouble again?"
"No, I swear it, people are dying here, innocent people."
"There aren't any innocent people in Azkaban," Ominis shot back, moving closer. "Let her go Sebastian. We're done being played by you."
The hurt and frustration in his eyes reminded you of the night he realized he killed Solomon.
"I'm not- Ominis, please? I'm telling you the truth. I need your help or all of us will die."
Ominis bit his lip, but shook his head. "No. We've been hurt by your promises before." Ominis tugged you away from Sebastian, his eyes locking with yours in fear. "Come on, let's go."
He pulled you away from the cell door, but that expression burned into your brain, the helplessness and hopelessness.
Once you got close enough to the group where Ominis wouldn't hear you leave, if you were careful, you snuck back to Sebastian's cell.
When you saw him, he had his head in his hands.
"You better be telling me the truth Sallow," you hissed, getting him to look up and move over quickly. "This is the last time I'm ever going to believe you if you're lying."
He nodded as you handed him an invisibility potion and your wand, the latter making his eyes widen.
"You'll be defenseless-"
"Then you better not be lying to me."
You moved to catch up with the group again, but he caught the back of your coat.
"Thank you, I won't let you down again."
He let go, so you gave a worried glance before heading off to the group, carefully slipping back in as if you never left.

As soon as you and Ominis got home, you immediately grabbed Sebastian's old wand and put it in the place of yours.
It didn't seem happy, but it at least recognized you and wouldn't screw up any spells.
"You went back again, didn't you?"
Startled you looked back seeing Ominis's brows pinched.
"What are you talking about?"
He sighed as he crossed his arms. "How many times has he promised something and always ended up lying? How could you sneak back off to talk to him again?"
"I just needed clarification on what he thought was happening so I could investigate it myself."
"And he has you lying again. For months we've been completely honest and now look at us."
Rubbing your forehead, you stood up. "He was our friend Omni. You didn't see the fear in his eyes, but I did. He needs help."
"Sebastian always needs help and you jump at the chance to help. You know he manipulates you and you allow him to, why?"
"For the same reason I'd do the same for you. I love you both, you're my family and sometimes that means taking risks."
His heckles softened as his arms fell to his sides.
"I know, just seeing him today and the first thing he does is rope you into another one of his schemes. It's frustrating."
It also brought back too many painful memories which is why he lashed out, you knew this, not that you'd say it out loud.